What's new

Stuff from France

Hi!

Lots of you (should I say all of you?) were very kind with me, and I just wanted to say thanks.

Furthermore, I read many times that products such as palmolive cream are more expensive in the US than here.
Edit: someone asked if I ship in Canada... worldwide is possible, just need to check the shipping cost.

So if someone is interested, I can send some to you. Of course, it will be interesting only with a minimum amount, because of shipping cost.
I just want to be clear that I am not going to make money, but offer this as a service.

Creams
Palmolive Normal (cream is green), or classic (cream is white), about 2USD
proxy.php

proxy.php

Wilkinson Normal, or sensitive, about 2USD
proxy.php

Gillette, 3USD
proxy.php

Nivea milde Rasiercreme, about 3USD
proxy.php

Balea men (a brand from a german supermarket), about 1.5USD
Tabac soap: about 20USD
proxy.php

Speick 4.5-5USD
proxy.php

Florena ??
proxy.php

I believe I saw williams too, must be same price as wilkinson or gillette
proxy.php

I think Nivea after-shave is not interestig for you; it's nearly 10USD.

Hope this can help, don't really know what the price are for you; especially because of euro/dollar difference, it's maybe difficult to buy in an other country (euro is very high these days, about 1 for 1.6USD).

I am ok with paypal, preference goes of course on euro payment. Of course, there will be paypal fees, but if you found a way not to pay them, I am open!

Add the possibility of a soap "Monsavon"; it's a soap in a thin plastic bowl, that is not thought to be refilled (I don't see any refill, understandable when you see the price:) it cost only 2.5-3USD.

proxy.php

And a Wilkinson Soap, in a plastic bowl too; the price was-I think- about 4 or 5USD
proxy.php

I cannot compare them to other soap, because the Monsavon is the only one I used until now.

I am sorry, cannot really help to choose products: I know these one, but none of all about you guys talk about (proraso, Tabac, and all other). I would like to try them, but they are expensive, particullary here in France.
Of course, if someone would send me one of these, I would try it and then give a comparison :biggrin:

I don't think they are as good as the "big brand", a Tabac soap is here at least 12 or 15€ (20-25USD), these one would not sell anything if a 2€ soap would do the same, wouldn't they?
I find the monsavon scent ok, smells like... soap! Nothing bad, but no vanille, no almond or whatever. So do many other creams, only the dark palmolive box smells much, I don't really like it, something comparable with mint or chlorophyll chewing-gum; but the cream is not "fresh" as a mint after-shave I tried on day.

Here an update!
I add some products that I discovered, or that I didn't knew it could interest someone here: Tabac soap, refill, Tabac stick or refill, Tabac cream, Speick AS/balm, Nivea Energy (only available in Germany, says the internet site of nivea).
Here are all the products, so you don't need to search in the entire topic.

These are the prices in EUROS (I would although write the soap prices in euros, because I'd like to be paid in euro).

Shipping: 2 possibilities are economical. A third one as a tracking number, goes a bit faster, but cost at least 16€, so near 25USD! One is called economical, the other priority. I think you can compare this with first class and priority, without tracking number.
A cream with box is about 130g (grammes, we European are in metric), let's say 150. A soap is near 180-200g, I think. I rounded the prices (3.70>4€).
Don't forget the "packet" to send will weight too.

Priority: Europe/Other
100g 2€ 3€
250g 4€ 6€
500g 7€ 8€
1000g 9€ 11€
2000g 13€ 17€

Economy
100g 2€ 2€
250g 3€ 4€
500g 4€ 5€
1000g 6€ 7€
1500g 8€ 11€
2000g 9€ 13€

Paypal fees: please add on the total amount 0.25€ and then 3.5%
To answer to a question I received, Paypal take money on the total amount, and this are about this 0.25+%. I do not make money on it, paypal does, just read their website.
Just make it so: add 0.25€, and divide /0.965.
For example, if you send 10€, 10+0.25=10.25. 10.25/0.965=10.62€. The 0.62€ goes for paypal. I will found 10€ on my paypal account.
If you found another way to send me the money, in €, without paying fees, and sure, of course, I am totally ok!
To have an idea, Paypal gives 1€=about 1.5USD

Creams
Welleda 6€
Tabac 4.50€
Speick 3.50€
Palmolive Normal (cream is green), or classic/sensitive (cream is white), 1.50€
Wilkinson Normal, or sensitive, 1.50€
Gillette, 2€
Nivea milde Rasiercreme, about 2€
Balea men (a brand from a german supermarket), about 1€
Florena 1€
Williams not available at the moment.

Soaps
Tabac soap: 13€ in bowl, 8€ refill; Stick 100g 6€, 5€ refill.
Monsavon: 1.50€
Wilkinson:3€
Stick 50g: Palmolive 1€, Speick 3€

After-shaves
Florena Balsam 4€
Welleda Balsam 14€
Speick Lotion 8€, Balsam 10€, Intensiv 9€
Nivea
Balsam Sensitive 6€
Cream intensiv 6€ (75ml)
Extrem Comfort 8€
Energy balsam 6€/fresh effect 6€

Nivea Energy hydrating 7€
Wilkinson alum stick 2€

If you would like something I can find here in France or Germany (I live on the border), just ask!

I have some creams I used one or 2 times, but I have too much now, and sell part of them. If you are interested in these one too, I can sell them -20 or 30% too.

That Palmolive Classic is good stuff. It makes me want to open my remaining tube tomorrow. Thanks for offering this service, I've already got a European connection otherwise I'd take you up on the offer.

I could be interested in some trades too, for example, proraso cream or others that I don't find easily here.
When I see the price from american websites for such european creams, I am a bit surprised that only a few of you were interested. But no problem, it's not as I would lose or earn money on these stuff!

I ordered some creams from chtinavion, and just wanted to say that he does a really good service. Prices weren't too bad, and shipping as fairly quick.

Glad to see you are satisfied.
A little bump to remember I am searching to trade/buy too: proraso cream, not easy to find here, and a Merkur 38C. I find my merkur classic a bit little and thin.

I think you might be able to post a request in the buy/sell forum. If you are looking to trade for something, that's the best place.

just wondering, does the nivea shave cream smell anything like the nivea soothing after shave balm in the same packaging? if so I may be interested depending upon shipping

I find the scent quite neutral, I like the light scent; but I used it only a few times, so I don't really remember. Got too many creams and soaps!!
For the shipping, all is written above: 4€ for one tube, 5€ for 2, maybe 3 tubes outside Europe. About 0.50€ for paypal, depending on the total amount.
I am also interested in proraso creams to trade!

How is that Monsavon soap? What is the scent and what are it's characteristics? I'm very interested!

I've been using "mon savon" (see what I did there ? :biggrin: ) for a couple of weeks now, and it's really not bad at all.

It's a fairly soft soap, and therefore very easy to make lather with. Performance-wise, I can't say that I have any complaints. I've been getting great shaves with it, despite the fact that I am not particularly experienced with soaps.

Its scent is nothing special by absolute terms, a slightly 'synthetic' type of lavender. I find it fairly pleasant, though, and it disappears as soon as you wash, so it doesn't interfere with your a/s.

IMHO, you can't really go wrong with it, especially for the price ! I know I'll certainly be picking up a couple more bowls of Monsavon when I'm back to France !!!

Just to give a little heads up on the Gillette cream; its really great stuff. Soapy scent, but not too bad. I quite like it. It also gives a really nice lather. Really good stuff.

Ben mon cochon :w00t: t'as plus de produits en magasin que n'importe qui sur le Net :w00t:
bon tu m'as reconnu...348 car c'est la ferrari que je préfère et la seule où j'ai une photo que je suis assis au volant :001_rolle

:biggrin:
Qu'est-ce que tu viens lurker par ici, toi, sors de mon topic! :wink:

What the hell are you coming on my thread, get out! :wink:

He said I have plenty of products in my "shop".
Yeah, I thought I could open an internet shop... but with these prices I don't win money! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom