What's new

Strategic Edge Shooting Club - Chapel Hill, TN

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Probably a long shot since it's a localized range but just wondering if anyone here has been there or are members. $200 a year and it's private. It's about 15-20 min from my home. I submitted my name to the wait list. All the reviews I was able to find said it's a really nice place.

Next closest range to me is an hour away. I really need a place to go shoot! I hope this works out.

Gun Range - Strategic Edge

I watched the video and it looks like a great range.

The closest range to me is a public indoor range and costs $16 an hour.
Two hundred dollars is good value from what I could see.

Private ranges also have perks and deals when buying a new firearm.

When your name comes up on the waiting list, jump on it.

Perhaps they take donations to speed things along.

Good luck,
Jason

That looks like a nice place, but dang that seems expensive. Gun club here has a clubhouse, skeet range, 2 trap ranges, 25yd pistol, 300yd rifle, and we are in the process of finishing the "enclosed" tactical pistol area. (Burms on all sides.)
I pay $20 annually for a family membership.
Not as fancy as that range, but it's nice. Also we don't have many instructors on hand like there, but I get all the pistol courses for free! Well, as long as I write them up and do them....... :blush: (Downside to being the only instructor in town.)

I'm at a private club range up here in MA. Nothing fancy but it has a 100 yd outdoor rifle range (where I shoot black powder), an outdoor 25 yard pistol range, indoor 50 foot pistol range (6 stall), a trap/skeet range and both an indoor and outdoor archery range.

All that sets me back $150 a year and is about a 20 minute drive from home. When I retire I'll be heading back south to N.C. where all I need to do to 'go to the range' is step outside my back door!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
If I had a good range 20 min. from my house I wouldn't hesitate to pony up $200.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'm on the wait list! Seems they take members every month it looks like. We'll see!

That looks like a nice place, but dang that seems expensive. Gun club here has a clubhouse, skeet range, 2 trap ranges, 25yd pistol, 300yd rifle, and we are in the process of finishing the "enclosed" tactical pistol area. (Burms on all sides.)
I pay $20 annually for a family membership.
Not as fancy as that range, but it's nice.

Same here: skeet range, 25yd pistol, 50 and 100yd rifle, pistol steel target setups--I pay $35/year for family membership. 10 miles away.

I imagine that not everyone here has a good Fish & Game Club range nearby, though. With pay-range prices these days, $200 and nearby sounds pretty good.

Also we don't have many instructors on hand like there, but I get all the pistol courses for free! Well, as long as I write them up and do them....... :blush: (Downside to being the only instructor in town.)

LOL!

They should give you a tour / allow you to visit. Have you inquied with them?

I second that emotion.

Same here: skeet range, 25yd pistol, 50 and 100yd rifle, pistol steel target setups--I pay $35/year for family membership. 10 miles away.

I imagine that not everyone here has a good Fish & Game Club range nearby, though. With pay-range prices these days, $200 and nearby sounds pretty good.

This is true. I remember when I lived near Charlotte, they only had pay per hour indoor lanes. They were pretty pricey and that was 20 years ago.

Another consideration is what the range rules are. I'm not interested in any place where I can't draw from the holster or practice rapid-fire.

"I'll be heading back south to N.C. where all I need to do to 'go to the range' is step outside my back door!"

Yeah, I fondly remember those times. Then some flatlanders moved in at the bottom of the hill. Decided they didn't dig it that I was evicting the squirrel community with a 12 gauge. Called the law on me. Not fun. Been the .22 Benjamin for such activity ever since.......

Ah, Flatlanders. They move to your state because they hated the state they were in, then make it a priority to make their new state just like their old one. Up here we often call them "massholes." :biggrin:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Flatlanders? Okay guys, you're not supposed to cuss on this site.

Flatlanders is a dirty word.

That looks like a nice range, Jason. Do they have any perks, events, etc.? Take some pics. when your membership clears.

There can be such a thing as too many specialized matches and events, imo. I was a member years ago of a club that got so invested in special events that they would shut down all regular range activity for each event. It got to the point that a regular member could forget about going to the range on a weekend because there was always some special event going on, all weekend long. I gave up on them because I was basically paying a membership fee but being treated like a second class member.

Beware the club that has constant events scheduled. At least in my experience.

Ah, Flatlanders. They move to your state because they hated the state they were in, then make it a priority to make their new state just like their old one. Up here we often call them "massholes." :biggrin:
We have an infestation of them, too, and they tried but were unsuccessful in shutting down a club. Moved in, didn't like the pop-pop-pop, sued for an injunction against the club for not having a high enough berm, but club raised enough money for the berm, neighbor friendly fence, and some additional upgrades.

The club I belong to is $40/yr for a family membership, 50 yard pistol range, 100 yard rifle range, several skeet runs , and archery range, and like everyone else, 20 minutes from my home. That said, there is a close by LGS with an indoor range at $16/hr. $200 a year for some states doesn't sound outrageous.

Top Bottom