What's new

Straight Razor Storage for Rotation

Bulk storage is in a 4ft X 3 ft x2 ft 8 drawer chest. Occasionally I'll use this as it takes up little counter space and is easy and secure to move about.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 170
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
There is a way to avoid corrosion. It is used for pipelines and the hull of boats: cathodic protection. All you have to do is run a low voltage current through the metal and it prevents corrosion as it keeps moving all electrons in one direction. (more info about the science behind it can be found https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathodic_protection).
So basically a rack that would be connected to a power source, and have current running through each blade by having one contact on the tang and one on the toe would prevent any corrosion.

I have not tried that as my rotation is triple digits and hidden on 2 secret shelves in one closet. My rotation strategy is 2 shelves: I take from one and put on the other until the first one is empty and then a reverse the operation (it take a year).

Bulk storage is in a 4ft X 3 ft x2 ft 8 drawer chest. Occasionally I'll use this as it takes up little counter space and is easy and secure to move about.

Man - those are a lot of razors!!!

I think I narrowed down my approach. Either create a DIY with a wooden cigar box or buy a fountain pen storage display case. It'll live mostly in the bottom bathroom cabinet. I may get a small razor stand to be displayed with one to four razors like the one [MENTION=28057]mycarver[/MENTION] is displaying.

Legion

Staff member
The 1040 case by Pelican is the perfect size for razors, water proof, and has a clear lid so you can see them without opening it.

$pelican-1040-waterproof-yellow-hardcase-l.jpg

i on the other still only own a single brush (plus one in my travel bag).
[MENTION=66241]totorlekiller[/MENTION] (Marc) I admire your restraint, I am getting close to satisfying my AD, I have almost 20 straights/brushes and I am thinking that's gonna be my cap so after that it's gonna be brush or razor in and the same going out, I am very slowly replacing several straights with ones that are heard to obtain and be in excellent + condition.

@totorlekiller (Marc) I admire your restraint, I am getting close to satisfying my AD, I have almost 20 straights/brushes and I am thinking that's gonna be my cap so after that it's gonna be brush or razor in and the same going out, I am very slowly replacing several straights with ones that are heard to obtain and be in excellent + condition.
Not much in term of restraints on the razor front unfortunately.

This thread stirred up my AD for razors/brushes so after some thought I picked up this razor and added this brush, actually I have been pondering this razor for awhile. Don't have either in hand yet though.

$s-l1600.jpg$yhst-16445739206724_2271_18380294__15684_4bba74e2-e3d9-4ba5-93cb-51de2d26a4a4_1024x1024.jpeg

Just thought I would share what I went with. I got two of these on eBay and the seller accepted my low offer.

proxy.php

Here is the link if you are interested.

Now as long as I keep my collection at 10 razors, I should be good. Right?

These , a 7 day leather roll case, and a toothbrush holder as I wait a cabinet being made by a friend here locally.

an SV 7-day case

$SRC SV 7day.jpg

a re-purposed cigar case

$Stark Throne.jpg

Just thought I would share what I went with. I got two of these on eBay and the seller accepted my low offer.

proxy.php

Here is the link if you are interested.

Now as long as I keep my collection at 10 razors, I should be good. Right?
Just bought this box thanks to your suggestion. Cheap and looks great. Might felt line it as well

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

Pencil Case by Global Art...price (pretty reasonable) depending on the size. I have a couple...one holds 6 razors, the other can accommodate 12.

There is a way to avoid corrosion. It is used for pipelines and the hull of boats: cathodic protection. All you have to do is run a low voltage current through the metal and it prevents corrosion as it keeps moving all electrons in one direction. (more info about the science behind it can be found Cathodic protection - Wikipedia).
So basically a rack that would be connected to a power source, and have current running through each blade by having one contact on the tang and one on the toe would prevent any corrosion.

I have not tried that as my rotation is triple digits and hidden on 2 secret shelves in one closet. My rotation strategy is 2 shelves: I take from one and put on the other until the first one is empty and then a reverse the operation (it take a year).
i KNOW the scientific merits behind this idea, it makes logical sense...but i can't help but feel there is a hilariously bad failure in there somewhere just waiting to happen.

Last edited:
i KNOW the scientific merits behind this idea, it makes logical sense...but i can't help but feel there is a hilariously bad failure in there somewhere just waiting to happen.
For pipelines they apparently use 50V - 50A, which is a lot of power, but that is also a lot of iron. A low voltage, like what a USB ports provide might be appropriate for a set of razors.

Top Bottom