What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

@Matt O, I have someone that provides me with very fine hair for HHT. Any razor can pass HHT with coarse hair. But I have some that pass with very fine hair held bulb in! If you can pass with fine hair held bulb in, then you know the edge is there.

Yes...agreed! I have two daughters and my wife here...two of them have thick hair, and one has very fine hair.

No plinks...just silent and lifeless HHT. I did it root out, and was pleased with the result.

I actually used a little bit of a different technique on the Escher than usual...saw it on a YouTube video...so I am really looking forward to giving it a whirl!

Vr

Matt

proxy.php

Kikuboshi 674 FEON for 8.50usd at a local Japanese countryside flea market.

Anyone know anything about this blade? Worth pursuing? Decoration only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

proxy.php

Kikuboshi 674 FEON for 8.50usd at a local Japanese countryside flea market.

Anyone know anything about this blade? Worth pursuing? Decoration only?

Kikuboshi are excellent razors, that razor would clean up nicely and would be a great shaver at that price.

Very nice. You went from zero to outstanding very fast.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Nice! Ok have the same razor but unfortunately it wasn’t my first straight. Because if it was, the transition would have been much easier. The edge on it when I received it was awesome. Very smooth shave for me.

There was a lot of reading and research that came before finally pulling the trigger on the Aust as my first straight. For me, it was the logical choice- a high quality product at what I feel to be a reasonable price. I also felt as Chango said, it would be easier for me to learn with over something of marginal quality. No doubt it is something I can pass down to my son or grandchildren when the time comes.

Later generations after JMP passed were not of the same quality. Most members here recommend only the razors stamped with "Jose Monserrat Pou" on the tang. You will have to see how it shaves. For future buys, check the tang stamp for his name.

Later generations after JMP passed were not of the same quality. Most members here recommend only the razors stamped with "Jose Monserrat Pou" on the tang. You will have to see how it shaves. For future buys, check the tang stamp for his name.

Thx rookie mistake, tang says made in spain in Spanish and English, hopefully its a good one, will report back

Top Bottom