What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Twelve dollar Torrey. Kind of smiley on the toe. We will see how she cleans up.
A98BC327-9D7F-425E-BA78-2EBFE071CF47.jpeg

Wilbert coffin. I never heard of that brand before.

OK, so I have certain mental blocks in my head. Such as paying $300 for a used razor. Not saying its right or wrong, but it exists. So that pretty much ruled out a Fili 14. But not a Fili 12! :) This arrived today. My current favorite 5/8 hollows are my CVH MK 31 and Le Grelot. Interested in seeing how this stacks up.

5F319D3E-8D97-45B6-9CDC-345D18C74F67.jpeg

I’ve been shaving with a straight for 8 months now. I had promised myself that I would spend a full year using vintage razors to find out what I liked before springing for a brand new razor. So didn’t quite make it to a year... this arrived today, will be testing it soon! :)

DD4C6F78-C408-4206-ABCC-6496FD7E3D39.jpeg
78BCA96F-0582-425C-A5FE-F428DC22C643.jpeg

Koraat 14 2.0 Full Hollow with tough beard option

Thought it was a Dubl Duck at first glance! Looks like a well made razor in need for some TLC.

Now why in the world would I need a second Duck LOL :laugh::lol:

image.jpg

I love the gold razors just that the gold wash is difficult to clean since it’s so fragile. I will do my best with cleaning this one up but it really is limited as to what I can do without destroying the gold. Most of the time I leave it alone after a wash in Dawn to save the originality and polish what I can

Larry

Now why in the world would I need a second Duck LOL :laugh::lol:

View attachment 1268656

I love the gold razors just that the gold wash is difficult to clean since it’s so fragile. I will do my best with cleaning this one up but it really is limited as to what I can do without destroying the gold. Most of the time I leave it alone after a wash in Dawn to save the originality and polish what I can

Larry

Can't have enough of a good thing. Nice Dubl Duck!

That's one icon I don't have and would buy if the right one comes up.

Top Bottom