What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Another Japanese razor joined my crew this week. A Hairop made by Tanifuji. As with Cape, not all Hairops are Tanifuji, but some of them are. 6/8” blade, typical Japanese grind - heavy spine but very thin close to the edge.
64F09121-DAF0-465E-8077-BB68A8AAC7B1.jpeg
5155E2AB-FE15-4B5F-9027-5F34B19CB4F6.jpeg

New razor, 2th ,day of Spa and cleaning beauty treatments
Very happy with purchase and find
Thick shank, tang, neck, lot thicker than my other razors, including MK 31,s,,,more spa cleaning treatments then hitting the stones for sharpening .
Surprisingly razor has edge on it, I’m thinking vendor or someone hone her up for testing.
More spa cleaning then hitting the stones

Welcome addition to den
[emoji3]
proxy.php

she landed early today.
20210422_164807.jpg

description said scratches. I find none where they shouldn't be. some discoloring/age spots that I would expect. overall immaculate shape. wedge pin is off. must have been installed after an extended french lunch way back when. I don't think this one had been used either. sharp with hitting the linen and leather. Gold etch is in outstanding shape. will loupe later just to see anything i might have missed with the reading glasses.
20210422_165050.jpg

the spine work looks wonderful to me as well. they don't make'em like this anymore.

camo

Acquired this from Bob's Razors, the bone scales caught my attention. After a few weeks of hemming and hawing about... Well, last Thursday after fourth time at looking or was that lusting? Must. not. buy. new. razor... Yup and then it just showed up via the USPS guy.

J_A_Henckels_70_PrintSide.png

It shaves very well :straight:

J_A_Henckels_70_NonPrintSide.png

Most money I have spent on a Razor but it really is a work of art ! Fantastic job on the restoration of this Razor. Thanks for your time and effort Bob, Kudos Sir!

Last edited:
she landed early today.
View attachment 1255520
description said scratches. I find none where they shouldn't be. some discoloring/age spots that I would expect. overall immaculate shape. wedge pin is off. must have been installed after an extended french lunch way back when. I don't think this one had been used either. sharp with hitting the linen and leather. Gold etch is in outstanding shape. will loupe later just to see anything i might have missed with the reading glasses.
View attachment 1255522
the spine work looks wonderful to me as well. they don't make'em like this anymore.

camo
Wow!

she landed early today.
View attachment 1255520
View attachment 1255522

camo

The scroll work on the spine is gorgeous ! I can see why you found this razor as a must have.

Acquired this from Bob's Razors, the bone scales caught my attention. After a few weeks of hemming and hawing about... Well, last Thursday after fourth time at looking or was that lusting? Must. not. buy. new. razor... Yup and then it just showed up via the USPS guy.

View attachment 1255545

It shaves very well :straight:

View attachment 1255546

Most money I have spent on a Razor but it really is a work of art !
Very nice! Is that a hex nut at the pivot?

Very nice! Is that a hex nut at the pivot?

You know, I am not sure... It is on both sides and it certainly appears to be a hex nut. I will have to ask Bob? I don't know what his screen name is here on the forum??? He might answer here; as I emailed him and informed him that I dropped his company name on this thread?

Will follow up Sir.

Top Bottom