What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Mail call today- might want to sit down before you view ;)

I probably should have lol!

8/8 NOS Corneta
proxy.php

A really nice Fuji Tombo wearing new custom scales:
proxy.php

An older Bill Ellis custom:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Filarmonica 13 "Medallion Taurino" restored with custom scales and a translucent wedge:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Wow...nice!!!

Scooped this one up at the local antique shop....not to many come up in my area for some reason. Its a Challenge Cutlery Co looks to be about 7/8...scales are nice and the blade should clean uo easy.
20170515_071648.jpg

Just won this on the bay. An impulse buy on the highest order!!

You will love it.I bought one several Months ago.It's one of my favorites.Great workmanship and finish.My razor came with a great edge .BBS in two passes.Razor also has great balance and is nibble for it size.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm gonna have to pick up a couple razors thst I did not really plan on. There are certain woods to which I am quite attracted. These are most of them. Article explains the dilemma....

"The New Regulation on Rosewood and Bubinga

The Convention of International Trade of Endangered Species of Flora and Fauna (CITES) held a conference from September 24 - October 4 this year in Johannesburg, South Africa where it was decided that all species of rosewoodunder the genus Dalbergia and three bubinga species (Guibourtia demeusei, Guibourtia pellegriniana, and Guibourtia tessmannii) will be protected under CITES Appendix II.

Kosso - sometimes called African rosewood (Pterocarpus erinaceus) - will also be protected.

While Brazilian Rosewood is currently under CITES protection (those laws will stay in place), this move places all the other nearly 300 species of rosewood under similar regulation.

This includes the East Indian rosewood and Honduran rosewood - as well as woods like cocobolo (Dalbergia retusa) and African blackwood (Dalbergia melanoxylon) - that are widely used in the manufacturing of stringed instruments, marimbas and some woodwinds."

........and razor scales also

Thanks Shooter! I'm glad to hear that. I know that the reviews on the Rigarazor have been limited and mixed-to-good (leaning towards good). I'm happy to hear another positive response!!

Top Bottom