What's new

Stando polska chors firstimpression

Thank you so much for your reply. I am looking to add something between my R41 and Fatip open comb. Do you think a merkur progress serves me better, given it’s an affordable adjustable, to a Stando?
I vote for the Progress. That’s a great idea. Honestly, very few razors give me as much pleasure as the Progress to shave with, at any price. The Standos are very good razors, and better than most for how they offer smoothness with efficiency, but the Progress shaves really nicely too and it’s more interesting and somehow a joyful object. It has immaculate chrome plating and the cool plastic knob that looks like it was stolen from a 1950s Porsche. They’ve been making the Progress without interruption for nearly seventy years and it’s great.

Timeless and some others also do this. It is to prevent the handle scratching the underside of the baseplate.

I’ve had to add a washer like that to a Frankenrazor when the top cap screw was longer than the handle hole. So I was surprised to see one on a new razor all from one company.

Guess the guys who spend the big bucks want their razors to look pristine as long as possible.

I’ve had to add a washer like that to a Frankenrazor when the top cap screw was longer than the handle hole. So I was surprised to see one on a new razor all from one company.

Guess the guys who spend the big bucks want their razors to look pristine as long as possible.
Yes, it keeps the base plate in nice condition. Also I find the washer helps to keep the handle screwed on securely and I think it helps too when you want to loosen the handle a quarter turn or less to increase efficiency a bit. Some razor handles can loosen themselves without a washer.

It costs next to nothing and I think there are a few benefits. I don’t see any downside.

Top Bottom