What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions - November 2009

I'll add the picture when I get home, but to celebrate becoming at least partially employed once more I picked up an Ascorti Churchwarden that I have had my eyes on for the past couple of months.

I must say that case of Stagg looks AMAZING!!!

Anyways, my most recent acquisition is a Ruger Alaskan in .454 Casull! I am being stationed in Alaska and fully intend to take advantage of the fishing offered and hopefully the hunting too. A strong sidearm is a must for fishing in big-bear country! However, I truly hope I never need to shoot this 3 inch .454 outside of a range....

It's a really, really good month for hootch at my house! :w00t:

proxy.php

Got these in today through a privately organized overseas buy. The Glendronach Revival 15 Y.O. I bought a bottle of on the last buy, and it was superb. Can't wait to try the Dailuaine 16 "Flora & Fauna!"

Props on the Casull, falkon, those are awesome handguns! Post pics!

NANP™

I must offer my appreciation at your posting of two "off the radar" malts.

Dailuaine is one of the few single malts that has failed to pass my lips

The Glendronach will always hold fond memories.

Back in 1982, SWMBO and myself got married, but unfortunately our first house wasn't ready for habitation. We had furniture and other belongings that needed to be stored :001_unsur

Through a friend of my mum, we were able to use the unoccupied upstairs of a doctor's surgery for storage, rent free.

The doctor was Scottish and as a measure of our appreciation, I gave him a bottle of The Glendronach.

This was pre Glendronach "Traditional" and "Original" days

This was a dumpy green bottle in the style of:

Isle of Jura
"The old Highland Park"
Black Bottle

The Glendronach is a fine Speyside malt.

Two other Speyside malts that I was fond of at the time (Not so readily available nowadays) were:

Glendullan
Inchgower

Last edited:
The Glendronach Revival is a wonderful, wonderful "sherry monster" Speyside . . . it's a real favorite (this is my 2nd bottle) but, unfortunately, the only way I can get it here is when it comes up in these private group buys.

The Dailuaine 16 I've already uncorked. :001_cool:

It's incredibly refined . . . not as hearty or muscular as the Glendronach, more floral, sweeter. Very, very nice Scotch.

NANP™

Since winter is approaching, I made a trip to restock the Scotch selection:
Glenmorangie Lasanta
Gordon and MacPhail Ardbeg 9 y.o. Connosieur's Choice (1996)

For my 50th last Sunday

The Glenlivet 12 (Off my best mate of 36 years standing)

Highland Park 12 (Off a mate of 24 years standing)

:thumbup1:

full

full

full

full

Its an unsmoked estate pipe, a Ser Jacopo Delecta Smooth Bent Brandy

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reminder Jim. Here's the shots of the Ascorti I picked up at the beginning of the month. I generally prefer a polished finish to the rustic, but it is such a beautiful piece and smokes like nothing else I own

Pat and Tim,

Thanks for your kind words, I'm sure you'll appreciate my Spirit of the month post

Talisker for £8

:thumbup1:

Today, from the same discount establishment where I bought 120 quid's worth of Riedel Vinum Bordeaux glasses for £6.99 in September :biggrin1:

Napa Valley Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2005
Napa Valley Vineyards Merlot 2005

I believe these are the former Louis Martini wines

Gallo Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon 2006
Gallo Monterey County Chardonnay 2007

Whenever possible I like to support small producers and even though all these wines are from the monolithic Gallo stable.................

At £3.99 a bottle, I just couldn't resist

:a54:

Seriously Rob, how do you do it?

Dedication to the cause

After the introduction of the vouchers:

I could have had:

Aberlour 10 for two quid

Glenlivet 12 for five quid

Glenlivet 15 French Oak Reserve for ten quid

Balvenie DoubleWood for ten quid

Courvoisier VSOP for six quid

Remy Martin VSOP for nine quid

Talisker "ticked the boxes"

:thumbup:

Finally found a bottle of this year's George T. Stagg this week. I also grabbed a bottle of Old Grand Dad while I was there.

Top Bottom