What's new

<<< “SOTD - Vintage Week” February 14th, 2022 to February 20th, 2022 >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Feb 20th 2022

Razor: Stick Schick injector, L theme series- Mfg 1973, mild range, I like the change up shave with this razor(Youthful memories) mild razors have their place in the den. A twin blade gives a closer shave if that is what folks would like IMO.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (6) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely predictable.
Soap: Razorock XXX- nice clean scent when dried down + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm coat tail synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:excellent shave with my Stick Schick injector + Personna coated blade.
SOTD Feb 20 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

2/17/22
Omega Eucalyptus
Zenith B16
11/16 Le Grelot #361 "The Lord Barber"
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Oleo Soap Works "Bonaire"
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Versace Pour Homme
SOTD2-17-22.jpg

2/18/22
RazoRock Tobacco #2
Semogue 610
FaTip Grande
Feather (6)
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Haslinger Sandalwood Balm
Banana Republic Cordovan
SOTD2-18-22.jpg

2/19/22
Haslinger Meeresalgen
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
Chaussis Torpedo #270
Omega Alum Stick
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Nautica Pure Discovery
SOTD2-19-22.jpg

2/20/22
Chiseled Face Santa Paula
Shavemac Custom Silver Tip
11/16 J.A. Henckels #415
Omega Alum Stick
Lucky Tiger AS & Face Tonic
Reef Point Admiralty Balm
Acqua di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria
SOTD2-20-22.jpg

Razor: The Winning Razor(1st use)
Blade: Personna Super (2nd use)
Brush: VDH badger
Soap: Baskerville, Beau & Phoenix
Aftershave: alum block, Dr. Teal's Lavender witch-hazel, some after shave balm found at Ross, Puig's Añeja Fougére after shave splash. This aftershave has been on the supermarkets for ever.

Untitled5.png

Sorry for the late reply. It has been a rough week. I am on the fence with Love Bombs. It has been growing on me over time. I do not find the chocolate dominating, it kind of gets lost within a musky scent. I only use it around valentines day because it really isn't a favorite, although I used it more days then planned this year. I do not have the Chocolate bourbon soap so I can't compare. The real star is the Chocolate Cube. I really like this scent and it is pure chocolate. I highly recommend the cube. Scents are so subjective. I hope that helps.
Thanks for the reply. Very helpful. I have a sample of the aftershave coming so will see how that goes.

Def likely to get the cube - was already leaning that way,

Micromatic Mon 21 SOTD
Soap Shannon's Soap Lavender Lemongrass
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM PTFE 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling MitA Splash
Wonderful soap!! Great scent, creamy and slick lather...love it!!
Another excellent shave with the razor paired with this excellent blade. So easy, smooth, comfortable, and very efficient. 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Aftershaves were great for a hot humid day.
20220221_101132.jpg

SOTD #052/2022
21-Feb-2022
20220221_093047-01.jpeg

I already have parted with all the stuff I started with, thus I won't meet this week 's theme.

Anyway, today I ended my participation in the "One blade in February challenge ". I got 21 shaves out of the Perma-Sharp, but now the blade definitely is done. Overall, the Perma-Sharp proved their reputation to be a sharp and lasting blade. Approx. 16 shaves, out of the 21 to date, have been nothing but excellent, close and smooth! A good blade.

Have a great start into the new week, y'all!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Feb 21 2022

Razor: Micromatic OC (buttonless)model- Mfg1930-32, good mid range for taking down the beard, the razor that helped Gem make it through the dirty 30's with the Micromatic variants. First mass produced TTO in the world + 3-4 years ahead of Gillette.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock XXX , nice mild scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2band badger barber pole, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrub + great painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash the whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17:excellent shave with my MMOC with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD Feb 21 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom