What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - “A.E. Simpson Shaving Brushes” June 27th, 2022 to July 3rd, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first thing I had to do here was adjust my spelling of Simpson brushes....Their boxes says "Simpsons".. I thought that was odd but I had adjusted to that rather than the customary Simpson or Simpson's... It's taken me a few days to change that in my mind.

All done now......
They use both Simpson and Simpsons interchangeably IME. Even on Their website. Either is correct!

20220627_085406.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB .38
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (German)
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Hunting Lodge
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
SOTD

Razor:
WR2 0.95
Blade: Wizamet (4)
Brush: RV 2022 Contributor's Brush (Mühle STF 25)
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
ASL: VIBR
20220628_092607[1].jpg

It's shaves like this that remind me why I bought this razor. Simply wonderful.

I had been thinking of binning this blade because it was a little tuggy in my GC84OC, but it felt smooth as silk and sharp to boot.

I also remembered to give the STF 25 knot a squeeze before loading, as it really holds the water. I used my small ceramic bowl to build the lather as I'm only shaving my neck and got a really nice, almost/not runny lather. Yeah, there were a few splashes and drips. Great brush it is.

The first pass, N-S is really an XTG pass, but I consider it WTG. I spent a little time trimming the edges of the beard, then shaved from the left side to the right.

My hair grows thicker on the left side of my neck, and I have found a new technique of pressing on the scar left from a mole removal, instead of stretching my neck to bulge out the hollow and now I can shave my left side as close as the right side.

The second pass is basically a duplicate of the first pass, but reversed, S-N. I consider that an ATG pass.

I have tried shaving from east to west, and west to east. Once.

I could have gone for a third N-S pass, but two passes gets me by for three days, adding a third pass I might have to wait another day to shave, and we just can't have that.

I splashed on the Witch hazel with nary a tingle, the VIBR was very refreshing with a dab of Nivea balm to finish off a Superb Shave.

Now to check out the Shave Mail...

~doug~

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
SOTD

Razor:
WR2 0.95
Blade: Wizamet (4)
Brush: RV 2022 Contributor's Brush (Mühle STF 25)
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
ASL: VIBR
View attachment 1479783
It's shaves like this that remind me why I bought this razor. Simply wonderful.

I had been thinking of binning this blade because it was a little tuggy in my GC84OC, but it felt smooth as silk and sharp to boot.

I also remembered to give the STF 25 knot a squeeze before loading, as it really holds the water. I used my small ceramic bowl to build the lather as I'm only shaving my neck and got a really nice, almost/not runny lather. Yeah, there were a few splashes and drips. Great brush it is.

The first pass, N-S is really an XTG pass, but I consider it WTG. I spent a little time trimming the edges of the beard, then shaved from the left side to the right.

My hair grows thicker on the left side of my neck, and I have found a new technique of pressing on the scar left from a mole removal, instead of stretching my neck to bulge out the hollow and now I can shave my left side as close as the right side.

The second pass is basically a duplicate of the first pass, but reversed, S-N. I consider that an ATG pass.

I have tried shaving from east to west, and west to east. Once.

I could have gone for a third N-S pass, but two passes gets me by for three days, adding a third pass I might have to wait another day to shave, and we just can't have that.

I splashed on the Witch hazel with nary a tingle, the VIBR was very refreshing with a dab of Nivea balm to finish off a Superb Shave.

Now to check out the Shave Mail...

~doug~
I wonder where you got that beautiful handle... <eg> (evil grin)

Wednesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D3)
Brush: Paladin PK-47 26mm Blonde Badger
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African black soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Chamomile & Lemon
Shave Soap: Martin de Candre Agrumes
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Extro Italiana

High Efficiency SOTD Tuesday 6/28/2022 - Yintal Bronze Debut

IMG_20220628_111057137_HDR.jpg

Razor:
Yintal Bronze
Blade: Kai (8)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express Synthetic 24mm
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar, Cremo Classic Shave Cream
Soap: Pedro Fiasco Pomegranate & Wood by Ariana & Evans
Aftershave: Ice water, Aqua Velva Musk, Duke Cannon A/S Balm
Growth: 101 hours
Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG
Rating: 10/10

Results: Successful debut shave with the Yintal Bronze 3-piece safety razor with solid brass handle & zinc alloy head. Smooth, efficient shave. The Yintal Bronze feels nice in the hand with good heft & balance. The solid brass handle is plated antique bronze with diamond cut knurling that provides a good grip for wet hands. The glossy coated close comb razor head is patterned after Edwin Jagger DE89 but with a flatter head base plate for improved efficiency. Blade balance & blade alignment was spot on. Youtuber Peg Leg measured 0.939mm blade gap. Fit & finish & ergonomics is good. This a comfortable well made razor that delivers a medium aggressive shave. Easily mowed down 4 days growth. BBS shave result. No bloodshed. Great Shave!

IMG_20220628_103021748_HDR.jpg

Some Simpson love today. Looking forward to rotating thru some of my favourite Simpson brushes this week. 👍

- Brush: Simpson Polo 10 Best Badger
- Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.65
- Blade: NOS Polish Polsilver (3)
- Soap: Simpsons Unscented Cream
- Aftershave: L’Oreal Men Expert Barber Club Aftershave
- Scent: JPG Le Male Le Parfum

B06F7FEB-71C4-42D7-827F-3F175C2DC49B.jpeg

Wed 29 SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + RazoRock XXX Splash + Frost Drops
A very nice soap. Smell great and just look at the lather...wow...richly creamy and very slick...bliss!
Nice enough shave with this razor. The edge feels smooth and keen. 3passes for a ccs/sas result. The matching aftershave with condiments ensures a great finish...
20220629_103300.jpg

Wednesday, June, 29, 2022.

Floid pre shave oil. Meißner Tremonia, Woody almond, shaving cream & aftershave lotion. Hotoffthelate, Day of the dead, silver tip badger, deep colored African padauk wood, base with sugar skull. SanKan, 1074, carbon Steel, 6/8, Japan. Guerlain, L’Home Ideal, EdT.

79CAE54F-D3F1-4D94-BE00-0D81871AA7DE.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
610F8DD5-A016-4F0D-B04B-75BB750AF7B4.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Special Pure Badger.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tabac Tallow refill in a wooden bowl.
3) USA: Razor Star DE safety razor.
4) Greece: Razor Blade BIC Chrome Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Adidas Ice Dive Cologne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom