What's new

πŸ’₯ πŸŽ‡ πŸŽ† SOTD "New Holiday Gear/Happy New Year Theme Week" - December 26th, 2022 - January 1st, 2023 πŸ’₯ πŸŽ‡ πŸŽ†

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fri 30
Soap Shannon's Soap BarberShop
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Thiers Issard 69 Frameback
Aftershave Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
Nice enough soap, brush & splash combination.
The razor was refreshed on the Naniwa 12k then strop on the buffalo leather. The edge feels abit better...crispier but still smooth. 3 enjoyable passes without issues for a dfs-ccs finish...
20221230_135045.jpg
Β 

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
20221230_083934~2.jpg

Brush: Simpson Classic 1 Best
Soap: Vintage Erasmic
Razor: Hoffritz Travel Razor
Blade: Ladas
Aftershave: Tabac

My first use of this vintage Erasmic stick and it is superb. Old sticks like this are very inexpensive and must be some of the best value in shaving.
Β 
Friday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: ATT SE1 Windsor
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink Protouch MG
Brush: Rudy Vey Custom w/TGN Two-Band
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Humphrey’s Lilac Witch Hazel/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizer
Β 
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Grooming Dept. Lavender Mallard
Brush
Rudy Vey with Shavemac D01 knot
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson Al ++
Blade
Personna Medical Prep blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
I have been using the GD Lavender Mallard soap for four days. I took it with me on a short visit. The soap impresses me. The lather may not be as thick as some other soaps but it makes a very slick, protective lather. I purchased the soap some time ago and it has sat unused for close to a year. The soap hardened but remains a great performer. The Rudy Vey brush is one of my larger ones: 28mm. I did a superb job of making lather. A perfect shave. Have a good one, folks.
Β 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, December 30th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> tame mid range, simple clamping system, small head parts. It works well for myself about 95%+ of the time shaving. Results are great and very enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Schick proline p30(1) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity for a 50mm blade.
Soap : Tabac, flowery fresh scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka Express" 24mm Mew knot synthetic, Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi SE Excalibur with a Proline p30 blade.
SOTD Dec 30 2022 .jpg

Have some great shaves!
Β 
20221230_110442.jpg

Zingari Man : Mousse IlluminΓ©e (Soap & Splash)

Rogue Perfumery: Mousse IlluminΓ©e

Carbon Shaving: Cx-Copper with the + Plate

Zingari Man : 24mm synthetic fan brush

Personna: Made in USA (1st use)

Outstanding shave!

I really love the Sego base but, more importantly, I'm really digging that Mousse IlluminΓ©e scent. At first I thought that the scent was kind of "ok"... but it tremendously grew on me. I now think that it's one of the best discovery of the year!
Β 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom