What's new

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ SOTD - โ€œHappy 4th of July (USA Independence Day) Weekโ€ July 3rd - July 9th, 2023 ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_5725.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat (1966 L1 "Slim")
Blade: RK Stainless (d4)

Lather: Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red
Brush: AKA Brushworx "Spring Pink" (26mm AK4)
Bowl: AKA Brushworx Abalone (3-pass)

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red
Finish: Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red EdT

Happy Bungie Day! If you're a fellow Guardian or Spartan then you know what I mean. I thought in honor of the day that it would be most fitting to use Stirling Soap Company's Light-Ish Red software. This soap's label is Halo themed and seeing as Bungie birthed Halo, I thought it perfect for the day.

As you may or may not know, I absolutely love Light-Ish Red. It's in my top three scents from Stirling S.C. And I have a lot more than just a few of their epic releases to compare with. To me, it's just amazing! I'll say it's very bold and beautiful. So what if it just so happens to have an icon like Chief on the label? That just makes me like it even more.

Though you can't fully see it the pink brush is a recent addition that I won from AKA Brushworx. I knew immediately that I wanted to give it to my generous and loving lady. In the past she has bought me many pieces of software and hardware helping to further my journey down the rabbit hole that is wet shaving. How can I not want to repay her in kind? Not only that but she has a real need for this brush.

I've been steadily and slowly, and I mean slowly inching her closer and closer to becoming a traditional wet shaver. So, this awesome Spring Pink brush is a perfect addition and matches the pink Lady Gillette I previously gave her. Here's to hoping this will do the trick.

Never the less she let me use it for my shave and I couldn't be happier with its performance. The AK4 knot is very soft and a real joy to use.

I did a three-pass shave on 7, of course and earned a sweet bbs. I topped things off with some more Light-Ish Red and am ready to go kick some...

Happy Bungie Day again my friends. Enjoy your shaves.
ย 
Last edited:

SOTD: 8th July 2023.

1.jpg

โ€‹
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Goodfellas' Smile Abysso Shaving Soap.
Razor: Parker 87R.- Personna Comfort Coated. (D1)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Head/Dome) (Settings) 4-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick-ups. - Personna Injector PTFE. (D3)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Goodfellas' Smile Abysso ASL./ Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

Parker Razor focus month.

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...

I can't recall the last time that i added the Personna Comfort Coated to my blade rotation. I had all intentions of returning to the Dorco Prime platinum but changed my mind at the last minute and used the Personna instead which I find equally as smooth & efficient as the Dorco Prime platinum and have paired together with each razor that I have used them with.

Carrying on with the Parker 87R which is a nicely balanced razor and always provides a comfortable close shave.

Third outing of the Goodfellas' Smile Abysso Shaving Soap & ASL duo which provided me with another exceptional shave the lathering performance of the shaving soap is superb providing a great slick protective wonderfully scented lather in a short space of time. The matching ASL finished the shave off excellently.

Another close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth cool and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:
โ€‹
ย 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
92E9C3F9-BFB8-40D9-A853-A93B6A1CE391.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10066.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Wilkinson Sword Blue Tub.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34G.
4) Germany: Razor Blade Wilkinson Sword.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm The Stray Whisker After Balm.
7) USA: EDT Vera Wang For Men.
ย 
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Omega Hi Syn
Bowl
Captainโ€™s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson Ti++
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Everyman Jack ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
A new razor and blade combo today: the Henson Ti ++ loaded with a Feather blade. I thought I would try a Feather blade in this razor. The blade felt a little rough on the first shave. Nevertheless, a nice BBS shave. The MdC soap is on its 156th use. Have a great day.
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, July 8th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Sentinel 316 SS,1.50 mm gap + a Chippendale (Darwin looking)Yaqi PSS handle - Mfg 2022>, mild range, excellent machining and finish QC is adequate for my shaving needs, I like to use the Kai SS extra wide blade in this razor for a little more blade feel. Had a close shave this morning with no issues.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide (2)- sharp & smooth with excellent longevity.
Soap : Razorock XXX Fresco with some menthol, nice XXX clean scent with excellent lather qualities. Menthol is not over the top but just right for myself (no watery eyes).
Brush : Yaqi "Sagrada Familia" 22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, very nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. This little brush is a joy to use and does not get much better in 2band for myself.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX Fresco AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :
1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg
or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Sentinel 1.50mm with a Kai SS Extra wide blade.
SOTD July 8 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
Saturday July 8, 2023
Face shave.

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Cold USA county water supply
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ V & E's Maine Made BLUE SUMMER SKY shave soap
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Clubman Citrus Musk
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Dickinson's Witch Hazel
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Timeless AL
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Personna USA (3)

Omega plasti-chrome boar

Another outstandingly wonderful shave this morning!
Technique, cold water, glycerine soap, witch hazel, experience, the Timeless razor, who knows?
All of them?
Close, smooth, comfortable. Minimal sting applying the Citrus Musk.

This is a $50 razor. :crazy:

696C6F93-1220-4478-8EC8-6B258700D99E.jpeg
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.