What's new

🍎 πŸ‘ 🫐 πŸ“ πŸ‡ 🍊 πŸ₯¦ πŸ₯• SOTD - β€œFruit and Veg Week”! August 29th, 2022 to September 4th, 2022 🍎 πŸ‘ 🫐 πŸ“ πŸ‡ 🍊 πŸ₯¦ πŸ₯•

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Supply Adjustable
Blade: Supply Black (7)
Brush: Yaqi Green Obsidian Synthetic
Soap & A/S: Stirling Varen
Witch Hazel

0F45B163-9C0F-4D56-AC82-332AA338D846.jpeg
Β 
Slantember 2022 SOTD
SOTD-FS-K_2022-09-03.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Phoenix Scentsless
Razor: Fine Aluminum Slant GT
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black (12)
ASL: Pashana American Bay Rum

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

On my first slant shave since Slantember 2021, I got the underside of my right sideburn aligned pretty good… but not perfect. The trouble with torqued slants being that the blade angle is steep on one's left and shallow on the right (as it touches your face, no matter which way round it is). Really it's no trouble at all, only if you want a really steep angle to make a definitive straight line where you want your hair to stop and the shave to begin.

In the early days I had problems with this, as I couldn't remove my right ear to get the steep end of the blade to the underside of the sideburn. :crazy:
But then, as attention to detail is a hobby of mine, I worked out how to overcome the problem (for me). I'd forgotten about that (after nearly a whole year using "normal" DEs).

My SWB (shaving white belt) must have gotten a bit grubby, so I washed it carefully before my shave today. Result: two perfectly matching sideburns (as per usual).

The above is probably TMI for most, but I thought I'd mention it because some folk (when torqued slant shaving) actually use a separate (non-slant) razor to line up their facial hair features.

I simply HATE the idea of using more than one razor for a shave (not to mention thinking that it's silly)...
but then I'm me (and no one else is). :letterk1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
Β 
09/04/22 Shave of the Day
Range Travellr XL Brown Leather Toiletry Dopp Bag
Face Wash with HC&C DeΒ΄lica de Bergamot Soap Bar
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Awesome Sauce Conditioning Shampoo Puck
Phoenix Shaving The Original Chill Mill - Menthol Grinder
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements QIJ CHUCH Black Ice Artisan Shave Soap CK-6 Formula
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Doppler 26mm Perihelion Hybrid Synth Brush based on the Erskine A-500
Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl - Obsidian
Gillette 1930's New Type Long Open Comb Razor
Phoenix Shaving Platinum Strangelet Super Sharps Double Edge Blades - 1st Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Tangerine Orange Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements QIJ CHUCH Black Ice Artisan Aftershave & Cologne
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Awesome Sauce Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - Homage To A Classic Italian Barbershop Scent!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Future Fiction Pomade - Epic Water Soluble Medium Hold Formula
​

B IMG_1584.jpeg
Β 

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Spicy Sunday: The Clone Wars

DSC_2755 copy (1).png

RAZOR: Gillette β€˜51 W2 Gold Aristocrat
BLADE: Gilletteβ€Œ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: Vtg. Ever-Ready w/new 18mm Silvertip knot
LATHER: OSP Old Gold Shaving Soap (Old Spice clone)
POST: B&M β€ŒReserveβ€Œ β€ŒSpiceβ€Œ Aftershave Splash (Old Spice clone)
Β 
Fruit & Veg Week - The Fruitiest of Shaves!

What’s more fruity than Fruit Punch! And the king of all the fruit punches is the venerable Hawaiian Punch!

So the centerpiece of this shave is PAA’s Aloha Smackdown set. Get the double entendre? This has been in my top three soaps since it was released years ago in the original Crown King forumula. But this CK-6 version is the bomb! Literally a fruit bomb. I bought my first tub of Aloha Smackdown directly from Douglas Smythe on a boat sailing around the Statue of Liberty. True story. Like my last shave, if you are a fan of subtle scents, or lean towards the more manly musky cologne style scents, or barbershop scents, just walk away now. This is a massive explosion of seriously strong Hawaiian Punch. The Star Jelly Aloha Smackdown is divine. Super rich scent, with a soothing gel base that is a huge improvement over the old Star Jelly that came in the tube.

The Wolf Whiskers β€œFruit Stripe” Brush is a one-off custom with a 26 mm Tuxedo knot. Peter Wolf made this brush as part of the raffle prizes at an Italian Feast down in South Jersey just for shaving crazies. I was the lucky guy that got this brush. But everyone there was a winner, because there were enough generous door prize donations to go around twice. And the food was awesome. Great brush though! Really soft, great backbone, and even has a little bit of scrub.

And even though the Tradere OC is not fruity in any way, I loaded it up with a new style Platinum that comes is this delicious blueberry box!

Fantastic shave today! Stay smooth!

View attachment 1516379
hawaiian punch GIF
Β 

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Twig Razor
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow (D7)
Brush: Shavemac 23mm D02 Buffalo Horn
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Oil: AOS Lavender
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Lavender
Balm: Meißner Tremonia Lavender De Luxe
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Pure Lavender
​
Β 
8/29/22
Speick Shave Cream
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Gillette 7:00 Yellow (7)
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Speick
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Versace Pour Homme
SOTD8-29-22.jpg

8/30/22
Green Mountain Soap Co. Balsam Spice
Vie-Long 14080
5/8 Robert Klaas
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Old Spice
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Montblanc Starwalker
SOTD8-30-22.jpg

8/31/22
Proraso Green Shave Soap
Zenith B16
Gillette 1946-47 Aristocrat
Gillette 7:00 Yellow (8)
Proraso Green Splash
Proraso Green Balm
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling
SOTD8-31-22.jpg
Β 
Sun 4 SR SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker Splash
I really like this soap and matching splash with the unique scent...kinda special. The lather is always great...easily whip-up by the nice badger brush. A nice easy smooth and very comfortable edge from this solid razor. Stropped on buffalo leather...provided an enjoyable shave for a ccs finish...
20220904_104734.jpg
Β 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom