Pre shave: Proraso sensitive
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Razor: Mühle R41 Grande
Blade: Mühle
Alum block: Osma
Aftershave: Floïd Mentolago Vigoroso

Rate: 10/10

Today was my first time using the Mühle R41 Grande, the Mitchell's Wool Fat soap, Mühle blade and Floïd Mentolago Vigoroso aftershave. The razor is exceptional and gives you a deep and effective shave. In spite of being inexperienced I must say I had no cuts and nicks and everything went as smooth as butter. The soap provides amazing protection, slight refreshing sent and it makes the blade glide freely across my face. The Mühle blade worked just fine although I'd rate it as mild. Probably the safest choice for a first time R41 user! The Osma alum block worked like a charm as always and the Floïd aftershave is very refreshing and soothing with a deep retro scent. As always the Proraso sensitive pre shave offers a great protective layer and preps facial hair without interfering with the soap.

Overall a perfect shave with no irritation and other problems.

That is probably the most classic shave possible in this hobby

20200803_074458.jpg

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Brush: Frank Shaving G4 Synthetic striped handle
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Brown Bess
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

cartoon1604340835758.jpg

S.O.T.D - Tuesday, November 03, 2020
Pre-shave:- RazoRock Charcoal Lime PreShave Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Roger Quintero 3D Printed
Brush:- Yaqi R1730 Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Ozark Mountain
Razor/Blade:- Shick Adjustable Injector (M1)/Schick (7)
Post:- RazoRock Ultimate Alum / Thayers Cucumber WH / Stirling Ozark Mountain Balm
After-shave:- Stirling Ozark Mountain

The Injector/Schick Blade trial continues, shave # 7 in the books. The blade still feels the same as the first shave, sharpness and smoothness have not changed. I am starting to get a good feel for the razor after 7 shaves, I did not think that I would enjoy the long handle but I like it, and the head is a perfect size and I am able to maneuver the blade around various trouble spots with ease.
I have had my eyes on this razor for quite some time and I do not have any buyers remorse for pulling the trigger, this combo is ready to take over my number one spot for efficiency and smoothness.
20201103_102427.jpg

Tuesday, 11/3:

20201103_102502.jpg

Razor - Occam's Razor Enoch
Blade - Feather Pro
Brush - Some Making Required "Fealty" 26mm tuxedo
Soap - Barrister & Mann Ravish
A/S - Barrister & Mann Ravish

The stars of today's shave were the brush and the scent. The brush fits in my hand great and the knot is terrific. It created a great lather, and the scent is this excellent gourmand-y cinnamon-vanilla-powdery aroma. I wish the soap scent was stronger, because the splash is where it really comes out and you get the full vanilla effect. It's tremendous. The blade has gotten rough so I binned it after the shave, but still got really close and my skin is really soft and smooth.

Election Day shave

2DBA73BC-479E-45B9-BE44-A0A8DC5EBDD1.jpeg

Prep: Noxzema face wash
Pre-shave: PAA Cube 2.0
Soap: Zingari Man The Magician
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura (badger/boar mix)
Razor: Yaqi Beast on RazoRock radio knob handle, shave #7
Blade: Astra SP (#1)
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid -> Aqua Velva -> Nivea Sensitive Cool balm

Oh, my. What a great shave tonight! First two passes went so well I decided to go for my first BBS shave and went ATG for the third pass. Didn't quite get there, but very, very close. Paid for it with a couple minor weepers and feedback pretty much all over from the alum. Still and all, a fabulous shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom