What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 2nd - November 8th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, WED, NOV4th, 2020

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84- Mfg 2018, excellent razor paired with a KAI SS DE blade.
Blade: KAI SS (4) Excellent blade, wider than a standard blade for extra blade feel, Sharp & smooth+ excellent longevity.
Soap: Proraso red Sandal wood- different sandal wood scent than TOBS Sandal wood, good lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 black whiskers synthetic- great brush and reminds me of my boar brush, nice soft tips for painting.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with Cerave hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass :001_wub: of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red aftershave lotion with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper =:a17:excellent shave with my RR GC .84 paired with a KAI SS blade.

DE SOTD, Wed Nov4th, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 4, 2020

A beautiful day here in the Philadelphia suburbs complemented by a great shave with a newly acquired Wade & Butcher 7/8 partial wedge. With its newly honed jasper edge and heft in hand it sheared through my my mug stubble effortlessly leaving a smooth velveteen shave surface. My Supply V2 took care of my dome in much the same way floating on its own slick, yogurty MWF lather carpet. Humphrey’s Lilac WH and Osage Rub completed a great shave on day two of the US election process. I feel refreshed, clean and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Wade & Butcher 7/8 (Mug), Supply V2 (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Aluminum Handle Monster Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Osage Rub.
985C0B64-A877-4A31-B564-8AF7917B7C02.jpeg

S.O.T.D - Wednesday, November 04, 2020
Pre-shave:- RazoRock Charcoal Lime PreShave Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Roger Quintero 3D Printed
Brush:- RazoRock Disruptor
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Barbershop
Razor/Blade:- Shick Adjustable Injector (M1)/Schick (8)
Post:- RazoRock Ultimate Alum / Thayers Cucumber WH / Stirling Stirling Barbershop Balm
After-shave:- Stirling Stirling Barbershop
Extras:- Stirling Barbershop Bath Soap / Stirling Barbershop Body Lotion

Shave # 8, the Schick blade remains smooth and efficient, I am very impressed with the performance and comfort level of this blade. This is the first time ever using an injector style razor and I was a little concerned with the lack of blades on the market at the current time, but that worry is no more. I have not had to increase the level setting on the razor, and I honestly can't feel any difference between the shaves, I am still performing my standard 3 pass shave every morning and I am very happy with the outcome. I normally like to switch up my equipment on a daily basis but I have been enjoying the morning shaves with this setup so much that I'm going to just keep using it to see what the blade life is like. This morning software choice was a no brainer as it is one of my favorite scents.​
20201104_105943.jpg

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Razor: Game Changer .68
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Soap: Arko

I had an excellent shave with this combination today.
I haven't used a Personna Lab Blue in a long time, and found a few while digging through my miscellaneous loose blade box. The lab blue worked wonderfully in the GC.
10/10

20201104_115203_kindlephoto-4656988.jpg

cartoon1604427435241.jpg

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

SOTD November 4, 2020

Shave Prep: Hot Shower
Preshave: Proraso White
Shave Brush: West Coast Shaving Synthetic Ancient something or other.
Shave Bowl: Savanah Shave Scuttle
Soap/Cream: Mitchell's Wool Fat no glycerin today
Razor: Rockwell 6S #4 Plate
Blade: Feather #1
Post Shave: Alum Block, Hyaluronic Acid, Nivea Sensitive Skin, First Aid Moisturizer
EDT: Kouros

Results: DFS with the new blade. Two passes XTG & ATG.

Shave of the day

11/4/2020

Prep: Warm shower and dove face cleanser
Pre shave: Proraso menthol
Creme: Wilkinson
Razor: Wilkinson classic
Blade: Wilkinson sword
Brush: Wilkinson Pure Bristle
Alum block: Osma
Aftershave: Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

Rating: 8,5/10

Today I went full Wilkinson. Wilkinson Pure Bristle brush, Wilkinson classic razor, Wilkinson sword blade, Wilkinson shaving creme. My pre shave was the proraso menthol and I used an Osma alum block. My aftershave was my current favourite, Floïd, Mentolado Vigoroso.

First of all I must set something straight about the Wilkinson shaving creme. Before some weeks I said that it leaves my skin dry and it dries up quickly. This was not the case today. The Wilkinson creme generated tons of protective and fresh smelling lather that offered me a great and comfortable shave. I could even shave on spots that didn't have any lather on them because it left behind a creamy residue that I absolutely loved!

The Wilkinson razor is the mild classic one that did a very nice job today with almost no pressure. (Actually pressure with this razor is really a matter of taste and depends on everybody's face because I must use some pressure if I want a BBS.) Same goes for the Wilkinson sword blade which worked like a charm. I did a four pass shave with no irritation or cuts and only used some pressure on the tough spots. I didn't expect much from this set up but I was pleasantly surprised. The brush is pretty basic but it gets the job done.

The Osma alum block worked nicely as usual and the Floïd aftershave gives a cool and refreshing feeling with a retro scent.

I followed up with Nivea moisturising creme for men.

How was your shave of the day?
IMG_20201104_204302_665.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom