What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 2nd - November 8th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
0A5A51D9-B039-4CFB-BBE9-115FD255D0EA.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 2, 2020

A beautiful sunny day led to a great shave to greet the day! The JR Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378 whipped up a nice wet MWF lather for my Mug shave. Three passes (WTG, ATG, XTG) with the smooth, buttery jasper edge set the stage for a great noggin shave to follow. After bowl lathering the second type of yogurty, slick MWF carpeting I like for my dome shaves, I selected a long neglected favorite DE, one of my few modern artisan safety razors, the Colonial Silversmith. Loaded with a Feather blade, it made short two pass (ATG, ATG) work of the dome stubble remaining from yesterday’s Gillette Old Type shave. A splash of Humphrey’s Lilac WH followed by Aqua Velva left me feeling smooth, clean and velveteen.

RAZOR: Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16 (Mug), Colonial Silversmith (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Aqua Velva (Spanish Version).

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday,Nov2nd, 2020

Razor:Gem Featherweight 1st generation-Mfg 1950-52,2nd gen 1952-54, excellent razor and easy to shave with, milder mid range.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) excellent blade, very sharp and smooths out nicely, good longevity and predictable.
Soap: Hasslinger Schafmilch- Excellent soap, mild fresh scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi rainbow brown whiskers synthetic 26 mm, excellent brush for creating lather, great handle and soft cloud like tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver :001_wub: with Witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results:CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my Gem Featherweight 1st gen with a Gem blade.

MMMonday,Nov2nd,2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Monday, 11/2:

20201102_105207.jpg

Razor - Blackland Vector
Blade - Schick Proline
Brush - Mozingo Brushworks "Venom" 24mm ZT2
Soap - WSP Mahogany (Formula T)
A/S - APR Fenchurch

First time using a Mozingo ZT knot. It has a medium backbone that is pretty soft, but still loaded well from the tub. Went into my face lather, and wow is it soft on the face. Barely any feel from the hair; super luxurious. But it still had enough backbone to make a great lather. The scent of the soap is phenomenally warm and rich. The Vector had no problem shearing down the stubble, and my shave is again really close and comfortable.

PSX_20201101_074642.jpg

Razor: Gem Junior Lather Catcher
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

PSX_20201101_074616.jpg

Status