What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 23rd - November 29th, 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mystic Water ~ Jeff's Lavender
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matt SS 'SB-C' / Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Spoiler #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

SOTD - Sunday 29 November 2020

• Safety Razor: Alpha Shaving - Outlaw
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere Yellow - 24mm Fan (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Cream: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere
  • After-Shave: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere - Balm
  • Fragrance: Acqua di Parma - Colonia Intensa - EdC (100 ml)

•Officina Artigiana Milano
“oli del benessere”
•A.Simpson Trafalgar T2
•Razorock GC .84-P
•Gillette 7 o’clock SharpEdge
•Floïd Black asl
•Apivita Balsam & Propolis asb

The OAM Italian croap ,
at least for my preferences and
standards, is up there at the top ,along with the also vegetal SV
soaps .

ackvil

Moderator Emeritus
Contributor
Sun shave 1.jpg
Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
GFT Sandalwood Cream
Brush
Frank Shaving Syn
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers Rose Petal WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10.

SOTD, November 29, 2020

My first experience with Arko. Great lather, very slick, and the smell is fine. Not my favorite, but fine for a mass-produced soap. Also got the Global Shave Club Fatguy razor in the mail yesterday and took it for it's first spin this morning. I was a crowd-funder, so I got mine for $89. Nice tribute to the Gillette Fatboy, and as good a shaver. I used a new Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (Green) blade on only 18 hours of growth and it delivered a BBS shave after 3 passes (settings 5, 5 & 3) without any weepers.

Have a great Lord's day, Gentlemen, and enjoy the final day of Thanksgiving break.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Global Shave Club Fatguy (2020)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare 24mm
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Arko Original
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Jgreenepa

Contributor
C0126E34-4931-49C0-9FA9-22B35EE0082D.jpeg
SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 29, 2020

There really is something revivifying about a great shave! Trying to sleep sitting up with broken ribs is not easy, but despite that, this cold, beautiful, sunny morning set the stage for the shave to follow! I selected my favorite, and probably my oldest straight razor, the Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 for the mug shave and the Tom White repaired Schick F Type for the dome.

The MrEE #007 Knurled Aluminum Hybrid Knot brush easily created the two types of MWF lather I like for my shaves - a thin, slick lather for the mug and a nice thick yogurty lather for the noggin. I do love shaving with the Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 Stubtail. Three slow, luxurious (WTG, ATG, XTG) passes with this magical stubtail left me velveteen smooth. I truly feel like a caretaker for this 200 yr old beauty! It always takes exquisite care of me. My son, Ben, shaved with it and shares my opinion. He’ll be the next caretaker.

When I was first gifted this old, somewhat battered Schick F Type by my neighbor, the razor was non-functional. The very able administrations of TSD’s Tom White (@twhite) restored its function. My two pass (ATG, ATG) dome shave with it was close and very comfortable! And as I said earlier, the total shave, both mug and dome, almost made me forget about my broken ribs! I feel cool, clean, refreshed and velveteen!

RAZOR: Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 Stubtail (Mug), Schick F Type (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Hybrid Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brushsqueezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Osage Rub and Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Balm.

Sunday Schick Shave, Nov29th 2020

Razor: Schick injector adjustable, M3-Mfg 1970-72, excellent adjustable and well built, One of my favorite Schick injectors.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely over shaves and predictable.
Soap: Proraso green, OK soap with Menthol, good protection and give a nice cooling magnification sensation to skin after cold water rinse!
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm (Sagrada Familia)- excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso green with witch hazel + dollop of Proraso green (Eucalyptus) balm
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Schick injector adj M3.

Sunday Schick Shave, Nov29th, 2020.jpg

Havw some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Sunday
Preshave: Imperial Glycerine Soap /Stirling Ozark Mountain Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: RazoRock Mamba
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Mama Bear’s Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Aftershave: Humphrey’s Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm: L’Occitane Eau des Baux

Top Bottom