Brush: Dapper Gentleman Tuxedo
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Lather Bowl
Soap: Taconic Shave Lavender Lime
AS: Taconic Shave Lavender Lime

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mystic Water ~ Jeff's Lavender
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matt SS 'SB-C' / Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Spoiler #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

SOTD - Sunday 29 November 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Alpha Shaving - Outlaw
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere Yellow - 24mm Fan (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Cream: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere
  • After-Shave: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere - Balm
  • Fragrance: Acqua di Parma - Colonia Intensa - EdC (100 ml)

•Officina Artigiana Milano
“oli del benessere”
•A.Simpson Trafalgar T2
•Razorock GC .84-P
•Gillette 7 o’clock SharpEdge
•Floïd Black asl
•Apivita Balsam & Propolis asb

The OAM Italian croap ,
at least for my preferences and
standards, is up there at the top ,along with the also vegetal SV
soaps .

SOTD, November 29, 2020

My first experience with Arko. Great lather, very slick, and the smell is fine. Not my favorite, but fine for a mass-produced soap. Also got the Global Shave Club Fatguy razor in the mail yesterday and took it for it's first spin this morning. I was a crowd-funder, so I got mine for $89. Nice tribute to the Gillette Fatboy, and as good a shaver. I used a new Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (Green) blade on only 18 hours of growth and it delivered a BBS shave after 3 passes (settings 5, 5 & 3) without any weepers.

Have a great Lord's day, Gentlemen, and enjoy the final day of Thanksgiving break.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Global Shave Club Fatguy (2020)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare 24mm
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Arko Original
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

C0126E34-4931-49C0-9FA9-22B35EE0082D.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 29, 2020

There really is something revivifying about a great shave! Trying to sleep sitting up with broken ribs is not easy, but despite that, this cold, beautiful, sunny morning set the stage for the shave to follow! I selected my favorite, and probably my oldest straight razor, the Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 for the mug shave and the Tom White repaired Schick F Type for the dome.

The MrEE #007 Knurled Aluminum Hybrid Knot brush easily created the two types of MWF lather I like for my shaves - a thin, slick lather for the mug and a nice thick yogurty lather for the noggin. I do love shaving with the Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 Stubtail. Three slow, luxurious (WTG, ATG, XTG) passes with this magical stubtail left me velveteen smooth. I truly feel like a caretaker for this 200 yr old beauty! It always takes exquisite care of me. My son, Ben, shaved with it and shares my opinion. He’ll be the next caretaker.

When I was first gifted this old, somewhat battered Schick F Type by my neighbor, the razor was non-functional. The very able administrations of TSD’s Tom White (@twhite) restored its function. My two pass (ATG, ATG) dome shave with it was close and very comfortable! And as I said earlier, the total shave, both mug and dome, almost made me forget about my broken ribs! I feel cool, clean, refreshed and velveteen!

RAZOR: Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 Stubtail (Mug), Schick F Type (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Hybrid Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brushsqueezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Osage Rub and Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Balm.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, Nov29th 2020

Razor: Schick injector adjustable, M3-Mfg 1970-72, excellent adjustable and well built, One of my favorite Schick injectors.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely over shaves and predictable.
Soap: Proraso green, OK soap with Menthol, good protection and give a nice cooling magnification sensation to skin after cold water rinse!
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm (Sagrada Familia)- excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso green with witch hazel + dollop of Proraso green (Eucalyptus) balm
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Schick injector adj M3.

Sunday Schick Shave, Nov29th, 2020.jpg

Havw some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Sunday
Preshave: Imperial Glycerine Soap /Stirling Ozark Mountain Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: RazoRock Mamba
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Mama Bear’s Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Aftershave: Humphrey’s Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm: L’Occitane Eau des Baux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom