What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 23rd - November 29th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD - Saturday 28 November 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Noble Otter - NO1C
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Alpha Shaving - Gothic Revival SHD 2-band Uomo - 28mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Zingari Man - The Watchman
  • After-Shave: Zingari Man - The Watchman - Splash

One of the easiest and smoothest combos you can get. Cold water face wash, three pass and Ready to roll with a complete irritation and nick free BBS.
The soap is really amazing. Made here in Mexico City by some young amazing guys. Founded 2019 or 2018 with a nice range of barber and hair products. Scent is nice barbershop, leather and tobacco. Works really great with the musk and sweetness of the aftershave. Great combo today and a good start in the weekend.
F8FD1C38-5574-48E5-8D94-09CF151441B7.jpeg

5EF21217-87AF-43E9-B7B3-8BD0E46D3902.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 28, 2020

It was a bit of a difficult shave this morning. I fell and fractured two ribs on my right side playing pickle ball yesterday afternoon. So my shave was a bit painful! Looks like I’ll be sleeping sitting up for a few weeks. Nevertheless, despite all that, my shave this morning. I picked two razors I’ve enjoyed my shaves with, but have neglected of late, one a vintage straight razor, my Vintage Lord 6/8 with its buttery smooth jasper edge, and the other my Seki AS-D2 safety razor, a sadly misunderstood shaving tool.

The AS-D2 is frequently referred to as a “mild” safety razor by those who have never taken the time to learn its very narrow sweet spot. However, equipped with a Feather DE which it was designed around, it can handle any beard type. I used mine to effortlessly take down two weeks of mug and dome growth after ahospitalization about a year ago. This morning’s shave while somewhat uncomfortable, easily delivered me to velveteen smoothness! I feel cool, clean, refreshed and velveteen.

RAZOR: Lord 6/8 (Mug), Seki AS-D2 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 w/ 26mm Two Band Badger Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub.

SOTD, Saturday, November 28, 2020

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Tech Pre-War Fat Handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Cella
Aftershave: Stetson
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner