Not open for further replies.
#sotd
Semogue 1800 "Razor Master" boar brush
RazoRock SLOC and BIC Chrome blade

Lea Classic shaving soap and after shave lotion
sloc.jpg

Thursd shave 1.jpg

Thursday’s Shave

Today I used my Timeless SS .68 razor with a Personna Lab blade for the12th shave. The soap is GD Mallard RC. The brush is a Shavemac 28 mm synthetic. I did my usual four-pass shave on my face and two-pass on my head. The aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH and L’Occitane aftershave balm. The fragrance was GFT Sandalwood.

It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

2DE44BDE-9978-4DDE-BA74-42EBDAB5D926.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY, JULY 9, 2020

Yesterday was my first no-shave day since my hospitalization back in January. My daughter-in-law had a bit of a medical emergency early yesterday morning! So I ended up spending the day at my son’s watching my youngest grandson, Nate, all day. Everything is fine now. So this morning when I woke up, I was really in the mood for a good shave! I’ve had a few shaves with the Feather SS Kamisori loaded with a Feather Super, which provided a close shave, but left me with at least 1 and sometimes 2 weepers consistently.

Since I’m still mastering proper hold technique, albeit with 6 extra pounds strapped to my forearms, I decided to heed my friend, Bill Morgan’s (@Edison Carter) advice. I didn’t own any ProGuards, but while admiring my son’s shave den yesterday, noticed a box of 10 Feather Proguards. So I helped myself to a magazine of 15 blades, and informed my son upon his return later that day that it constituted my childcare payment. Although in all honestly I should have paid him! Nate and I had a grand time.

Back to this morning’s shave! I decided to bowl lather my MWF this morning for a change. So I bloomed the puck in hot water during my shower. After my cold water rinse and Rabid Banana Preshave application, I loaded the Feather SS with the Feather Proguard blade directly from the magazine. Instead of a Schick injector style metal key, there’s a plastic post that fits into the end of the Kamisori SS and allows for direct, hands-free blade injection right into the razor.

With that task complete, I grabbed the Jayaruh Custom #343 Synthetic, a great little lather machine, and proceeded to generate an enormous amount of thick, slick lather from the bloomed MWF puck. The different blade resulted in an actual VBBS two pass (WTG, ATG) Mug Shave, my first with an open edge! Thanks, Bill! Should have heeded your well-intentioned advice earlier. What was even more amazing is that the alum check revealed no heat whatever! I considered using the same razor for the dome, but decided to quit while ahead. The Supply V2 is probably the best injector razor I own, and delivered its usual bloodless VBBS dome shave.

But the best part was yet to come! After a liberal splash of Humphreys WH followed by Osage Rub, I pulled out what used to be one of my favorite AS splashes, and a guaranteed migraine inducer for poor SWMBO, Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood AS Splash. Fortunately, SWMBO is 374 miles away on Cape Cod until Monday. As my friend, Jim (@jluc) has been known to say, “I smell pretty!!”. I may have gone a bit overboard application-wise! I know thisbecause my good friend, Gromit, the dachshund, had an initial violent sneezing fit, and has since been keeping his distance probably until the fumes die down. I feel cool clean, and oh so velveteen!

RAZOR: Feather SS Kamisori (Mug), Supply V2 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Proguard AC (Mug), Schick B-20 Proline (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse and Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Jayaruh #343 Synthetic
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by HumphreysLilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood ASSplash.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Thur, July 9th 2020

Razor: Star bar Lather catcher model#4(Kampfee Brothers NY)- Mfg 1919- Excellent shaves usually from this great little lather catcher. Milder mid range IMO, I'm very happy with this purchase.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) Great blade, very sharp, good longevity, excellent cost, smooths out nicely, predictable wear 95 % of the time with no drama.
Soap: Italian barber Amici- great mild scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 synthetic- great all around brush that has natural boar brush feel with out the scritch IMO.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my Kampfee brothers Star bar#4!

SE SOTD- Thursday July9th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Excelente apurado con esta vieja y rara maquinilla que encontré hace años en un anticuario y que no había probado hasta ahora.

Tiene la particularidad que su cabezal se puede guardar dentro de su mismo mango, lo que la hace un poco rara pero a la vez muy eficaz para viajar.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: MAQUINILLA de viaje en baquelita vintage desconocida

Blade: PERMA SHARP Stainless

Brush: VIELONG EPSILON Burdeos dos bandas 25x54mm

Pre-Shave: MYRSOL emulsión

Lather: VALOBRA Menthol en barra

Aftershave: GENIOL loción vintage​

Thursday, 7/9:

20200709_094002.jpg

Razor - Ikon X3
Blade - Lord Platinum
Brush - Graydog 26mm Fullmoon
Soap - Stirling Ozark
A/S - Proraso Cypress and Vetiver balm

First time with razor and soap scent. I love Stirling: it generates a really great lather, creamy, dense, and very slick. This scent, though... hmm, it reminds me of a cheap candle shop candle. You know the one: pronounced fake smelling evergreen. It doesn't disgust me, but just too strong and not terribly pleasant.

I started out forgetting there was no blade in the razor, so that first stroke was a laugher! Once the Lord was loaded, it felt very smooth in the slant indeed, noticeably moreso than yesterday. The first pass felt like it left a lot of stubble behind, and I was afraid I'd be left with a not so close shave, but after the second and some touch ups, I was shocked at how close it got me. The razor feels very mild too, so it was quite a surprise. This is a very good slant. I still don't find using them intuitive at all, but boy did this get the job done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom