Paladin 26mm Somerset El Dorado
Thayers
TSD Bourbon & Vanilla

IMG_2979.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
C981A3A8-D57E-4FA8-A394-296441068AA3.jpeg
1) China: Brush Jack the Barber Synthetic.
2) China: Shaving Cream Jack the Barber Sandalwood.
3) China: Razor Jack the Barber DE.
4) China: Blade Jack the Barber DE blade.
5) Australia: Aftershave Balm The Stray Whisker After Balm.
6) USA: Cologne Calvin Klein Truth.
7) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

SOTD : 9th July 2020.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Wilko ~ Men's Face Wash + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush : Omega 10051.

Face Lather.

Soap : Hampshire Unisex Wool Fat Lanolin with cedarwood and patchouli essential Oils Shaving Soap.

Blade: Dorco ~ Prime Platinum. (4)

Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Superdrug ~ Forest Fresh ASL.

L'0REAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

Over the past month or so all my slant razors (Merkur 37C+39C,&Parker 55SL) have excelled and gave me consistently good shaves.What more can i ask for.

Last outing of the lanolin wool fat shaving soap which has impressed me throughout the week provided me with an acceptable lather with each shave leaving a good post shave feel...Another shaving soap that i'll be adding more regularly to my soap rotation in future shaves.

The Dorco prime platinum blade has excelled my shave throughout this week with it's smooth forgiving sharpness which has been a great combo. A very good blade. I intend to carry on using my 55SL to try out the Dorco ST300 blade which will be a first for me, to compare with the Dorco P.P. blade to see if i get the same very smooth comfortable shave.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of L'0REAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
IMG_20200709_103214_968.jpg

SOTD

Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: Strike Gold Shave Honest Abe
Brush: Kevy Shaves DS Cosmetic Summer 2020
Razor: Executive Shaving The Outlaw
Blade: Asco (1)
A/S: Executive Shaving Duine Fon Choill
Balm: EAD Post Shave Balm

A new base from Strike Gold Shave called "Patriots". Based on the scent of Ultra Zest from Thierry Mugler, citrusy, fresh scent and performs great. Once again the Outlaw razor was a pleasure to use. I like the weight, balance and feel of the shave from this razor and the fit and finish is gorgeous. The splash from ES was very enjoyable and left my face feeling smooth as silk, even if I have no idea how the name of it is pronounced!

Date:- 09 July 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Taum Sauk (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R41 attach to iKon Bulldog / Polsilver Super Iridium #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

Thu 9 SOTD
Soap OSP BayRum 1st use!!
Bowl Ceramic
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Parker Semi Slant
Blade Polsilver Super Iridium 10th use
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
The moment I open the Soap lid...wow! Love the BayRum scent. The scent strength is exactly how I like it. The room filled with BayRum. Use my best Synthetic to load from tub for 30secs then bowl lather adding water slowly. Wow...what a thick...thick creamy lather! Slick too...not very slick. Good scent throughout the shave.
Shave with slant razor paired with this excellent blade was smooth and comfortable and still as sharpish. 3+1 multiple passes...very close results. Should be satisfied with 3 passes and the extra buffing caused 1 weeper...against a BBS result...hahahaha.
Icy water rinse settled the weeper followed by cooling Thayers and soothed by Hyaluronic & Reuzel.
9.5/10 today. Enjoyed the excellent BayRum shave!! Gotta get myself the BayRum AS!!
20200708_234910.jpg

20200709_082716.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom