Fri 10 SOTD
Soap Arko
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor Pearl OC with Yaqi Handle
Blade Polsilver 11th use
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water Rinse + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
King of slickness is this Arko. Lather not as thick but still creamy. Scent pleasant.
Shave with long ignored razor paired with blade cuts through nicely but razor feels a bit rough. Interestingly, blade feel is very smooth. 3+1 multiple passes with no weepers nor irritation. Good close shave...bbs to dfs. Icy water rinse really feels way better than alum. Followed by Thayers then Hyaluronic and AV Musk...feels super nice and soft. Rating 9.3/10
20200709_231745.jpg

20200710_074054.jpg

Fridays shave 1.jpg

Friday's Shave

Today's soap is Haslinger Coconut, the tallow version. When Haslinger changed its formula I bought some extra soap and I am glad I did. This soap is mildly scented but an excellent performer. The brush is a big boy: Maggard's 28 mm synthetic. The razor: a Wolfman WR 2 SS SB 1.05 with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade. The aftershave is my usual Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Clubman. The fragrance is Yves Saint Laurent.

Parker Variant razor
Shark Super Stainless blade (3)
PAA Scentsless pre-shave
PAA Et Tu soap and aftershave
Shavemac Tie-Die 25mm silver tip badger fan brush
Doug Smith Pottery shave mug
Osma alum block
Nivea Sensitive aftershave balm

Pretty smooth shave this morning, and I smell like a classic that helps remind me of my Dad. He passed away a couple years ago, and his birthday would have been 2 days ago.
IMG_20200710_073834923.jpg

Friday Lunchtime Shave
The spoils of working from home and having a half day too.
Three first time uses today:

Pre: Shower, Facial Scrub & Wash

Razor: Fatip Classic Grande (new)

Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (3)

Soap: Goodfellas’ Smile Pino Alpestre (new)

Brush: Razorock Plissoft Tuxedo - Snowman

Bowl: Edwin Jagger

4549E3A2-D0D6-4A71-B8E7-D36DBAFD2B18.jpeg

Result: 10/10.

The Fatip is a great razor. I was inspired by reading a recent thread by @HabanaRon about the Piccolo to invest in a Fatip. I liked the look of the piped handle on the Grande. Paired with a Gillette Wilkinson Sword (Indian) it was a very smooth shave, particularly on my second and third passes.
Goodfellas’ Smile Pino Alpestre performs as I expected it to - as brilliantly as the others I own. A classic scent, woody and a bit herbal to my nose.
The Razorock Blue Barbershop is a very nice splash, which I read is inspired by the now discontinued Blue Floid, which I didn’t get a chance to try.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom