Frank Shaving
Rapira
M&F
Sebum green
Fantastic shaving!
IMG_6920.jpg

DFE3B6E8-4D02-406C-B0F8-771FC6320397.png

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 1, 2020

In keeping with my single edge September theme I selected the Lord straight razor. That will satisfy my single edge theme despite my Supply V2 incorporating a Schick Twinjector blade. The edge on the Lord was burnished last night with pull strokes on the jasper hone after a brief chrome-ox stropping session. The Supply with the Twinjector blade delivers a shave every bit as close on the first pass as my AC razors. In any case the kickoff consisted of an uneventful three pass (WTG, ATG, XTG) VBBS Mug Shave followed by a great one and 1/2 pass (ATG, ATG) dome VBBS. I feel cool, clean and very smoothly velveteen.

RAZOR: Lord 6/8 (Mug), SS Supply V2 (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Twinjector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

I thought I'd try my hand at a SE, at least once, for "Single-Edge SEptember". My first ever shave on an Injector or SE, and it was quite enjoyable. Also the CBL Dragon's Blood soap was fantastic.

Razor: Shick Injector Type G V5
Blade: Yellow pack Shick (current production) (1)
Brush: Crabtree and Evelyn Pure Badger
Soap: CBL Master Barber Dragon's Blood (new puck) / Old Spice Mug (Early Glass Mug 01)
Splash: Pinaud Clubman Reserve
Balm: AoS Sandalwood
Scent: CBL Dragon's Blood post-shave oil

full

Tuesdats shae vign.jpg

Today's shave starts off with PAA's Big Shave Southwest Soap - one excellent soap. The brush is the first brush I bought after joining B&B and one of my smallest: a T&H Silvertip. Before getting a Muhle Synthetic, the T&H was my travel brush. The razor is my ATT s-1 loaded with a fresh Personna Med Prep blade. The aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Neutrogena Triple Protect ASB. After a shower, some Yves Saint Laurent frag.

Tuesday SOTD - A Birthday special relaxing and luxurious BBS shave!

So today being my birthday I had been to the Truefitt & Hill salon yesterday (stepped out of house almost after 3 months) to get some pre birthday pamper in the form of a royal hair cut and head massage! Since my wife had also accompanied me I ended up getting a surprising birthday gift - A brand new aftershave balm and that too my favourite Fragrance of T&H the 1805! Needless to say my birthday shave became extra special due to application of this fantastic barbershop grade fragranced balm today!

Happy Birthday and Congrats....nothing like a shave gear gift for your special day!!

September 1 - Delayed Slantember by a day to get this one in first. Vintage Gillette, from when America went to explore the moon and to boldly split infinitives that had never been split before.

9D477D51-9D3D-47FE-82E6-8E88E337F118.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Slim 1962 (H4)
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless 1966 (L2)
Brush: Gillette Standard. Early 1960s. Made in England. This brush came with an absolutely awful little boar knot which has been replaced by a Shave Forge 20mm mixed-hair knot.
Lather: Gillette regular lather cream. This particular tube is newer, but it’s the same product they’d sold since the sixties.
Aftershave: This is decanted PAA Sun Down samples in an empty Sun Up bottle. Like the cream, it smells like 1966. I can’t justify buying real Sun Up.

I have never gotten a shave any worse than outstanding from a fresh Spoiler and today was no exception. These are my favorite blades.
The cream is really good. Nice and cushiony and slick. It has stearic acid, glycerin, and coconut oil. It even still has scent remaining.
I really like the scent of this classic aftershave but my wife finds it intolerably old fashioned. So I’ll just enjoy it today.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Tue, Sept 1st 2020

Razor: Gem junior 1912 parade with Baton handle-Mfg 1943- mid range and a joy to use the tapered Baton handle.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) Excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity,predictable blade, excellent cost per shave.
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch- nice mild scent with excellent lather qualities!
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- creates excellent lather with nice soft tips for painting lather.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a small dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DSF,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my Gem Jr parade 1912 baton handle.

SE SOTD,Tue, sept1st 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom