What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 31st - September 6th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sotd 31st August 2020: It's getting hot in here..

sotd31082020.jpg

EJ316
ASTRA SP (3)
Proraso White
Simpsons Duke 1 in best
Aftershave lotion Extro Pirata
WTG,XTG and partial ATG

With temp around 100-104°F I wanted a bit of a cool shave.
Proraso: Goooooooooood
Pirata: Very gooooooooooood (barberahop scent, lightly mentholated)
Duke: Very very gooooooooooood
EJ316: A lot of goooooooooooooooooood
Astra SP: I think SP stands for Seriously Poor, at least for my skin. A lot of tugging and of course.. irritation.

Moral of the story: Back to Wilkies or GSB's.

Monday, 8/31:

20200831_161341.jpg

Razor - Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed
Blade - Tatra Platinum
Brush - Alpha Shaving Bulldog 28mm G4 synthetic
Soap - Ariana & Evans Cannabliss Santal
A/S - Brickell unscented

I've never used Tatra blades, never even heard of them, but it felt pretty good in the Flare Tip. The brush reminds me of the Omega Evo: it's a big, high backbone knot that is a little better at painting than splaying. I think the Evo splays better though; this one resists. Still, it made a hell of a lather. I forgot how good A&E is. Given the quality of the lather I got, it's kinda nuts that they actually updated their base. And man, this scent is really awesome. I guess I do get cannabis from it, but it seems really citrusy. I guess that makes sense since a lot of cannabis has a scent akin to some citruses. But, it's really freaking good regardless. Nice clean results.

Tuesday SOTD

DSC02526 (2).jpg

Razor: King Cobra
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (D8)
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 3 Step 26mm Synthetic
Bowl: HoneycombCopper 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Beaver WoodWright Philip's Fougère
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Beaver WoodWright Philip's Fougère

E1550FEC-9DBB-4730-B526-23F2BD3887B4.jpeg

Pre: Noxzema wash
Brush: Vie Long 24mm silvertip badger
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: Astra SP (#4)
Soap: Mickey Lee Soapworks Grand Havana
Post: Alum followed by SkinBracer and a bit of Nivea Sensitive Cool balm

New to me brush tonight and it was awesome! Super soft, whipped up scads of lather, didn't shed one hair, and a great handle. New top brush.

Speaking of lather, tried the Marco Method again and it turned out perfectly. Really easy to do with the Mickey Lee. While the lather was great I did get some irritation from the soap. Will give it another shot at some point to see if it was just a fluke.

Overall, great shave! Happy Monday, everyone!

Tabac Tue 1st Slantember SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor RazoRock German 37 Slant
Blade Permasharp Super 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Woods
Terrific tabac...working with the nice brush produces some super creamy and slick lather. The scent is errmmm ok...better than no scent.
Shave with razor paired with this blade was good. Generally smooth and comfortable. Can feel it is sharpish but however not as good as Elios, Tatra, Wizamet or Polsilver. Let's see how for next 2-3 shaves. 3 multiple direction passes with no issues. More BBS to DFS result. Postshave and aftershave was fantastic. Rating today 9.6/10
Sidenote: Somehow I find this slant to be more smoother, comfortable and efficient than the Parker SemiSlant and including the GC.84 SB.
20200831_232227.jpg

20200901_073654.jpg

SOTD : 1st September 2020.

15.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men ~ DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar / Nuage Menthol Shaving Oil.

Brush : Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : OSP ~ Grapefruit & Menthol Shaving Cream.

Blade: Treet Dura Sharp. (3)

Razor: Mühle R41.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade lavender eucalyptus, +Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Duru ~ Mandarin Cologne.

Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

Recently I've been having some fantastic shaves with DE blades that I have hardly gave any attention to...The Treet Dura Sharp paired together with the R41 resulted in a BBS 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

The third pass today wasn't required, my face was near bbs on the second pass after a quick pick up pass my face was BBS smooth.

An excellent very efficient comfortable smooth shave.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.😎

Tuesday SOTD - A Birthday special relaxing and luxurious BBS shave!

So today being my birthday I had been to the Truefitt & Hill salon yesterday (stepped out of house almost after 3 months) to get some pre birthday pamper in the form of a royal hair cut and head massage! Since my wife had also accompanied me I ended up getting a surprising birthday gift - A brand new aftershave balm and that too my favourite Fragrance of T&H the 1805! Needless to say my birthday shave became extra special due to application of this fantastic barbershop grade fragranced balm today!

Pre Shave - Hot water splash and Truefitt & Hill No.10 Pre Shave scrub
Brush - Hajamat Ash Wood Handled synthetic shaving brush
Shaving Soap - Hawkins & Brimble Shaving Cream
Razor - Edwin Jagger DE89 with chrome finish
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India Made) on 1st use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash along with application of alum
Aftershave - Truefitt & Hill 1805 Aftershave Balm (My birthday gift from beloved wife)

With all amazing products being used today the shave could not have gone wrong anyways. The shaving cream of H&B has amazing barbershop 💈 grade fragrance and creates voluminous and slick lather on every single use. The brush is ultra soft and though with a backbone that I would rate on weaker side has enough firmness to create lather and spread the same even across the face.

Gillette Wilkinson Swords (India made) are the 3rd smoothest blades I have ever used (1. Gillette Silver Blue & 2. Gillette Super Platinum, the India made blacks). Very comfortable three pass and a little touch up at the chin area produced a BBS shave. The skin witnessed little redness but there was no weepers, nicks or cuts.

There was a little feedback from alum the post alum part was the most awaited part of today’s shaving regimen. The application of 1805 aftershave balm soothed the skin and made it very soft and supple. The amazing aroma of this balm complimented so damn well with the fragrance of the shaving cream and lingers long enough to make me feel special!

Next shave will be tomorrow and since I will be shaving two consecutive days the shave will be a cautious one!

Thank you 🙏🏽
73A2DBA1-AF97-4D9E-B6D0-B480D35B8C4C.jpeg
A8BFFD96-FB95-4A91-B062-5BA5904F2961.jpeg
22C7CF89-9C29-4174-A437-B804CD609985.jpeg

Date:- 01 September 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Voskhod #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom