What's new

🥩 🥛 🍰 🍷 🍺 🍎 🥦 🥓 SOTD “Food & Drink Week” August 28th - September 3rd, 2023 🥩 🥛 🍰 🍷 🍺 🍎 🥦 🥓

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headshave
1693590325151.jpeg

Cella homemade shave stick with de personna blade in Gem

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Slantember, Friday, Sept 1st 2023

Razor : Yaqi "Top aggressive slant"- Mfg 2019>, upper mid to aggressive range or lots of blade feel. I always like to use this razor to test my hand technique, I like to use a steep angle(riding the bar) with a short handle seems to work the best with this slant.
I also try not to plunk it down at the start of a stroke(it will bite if careless), the razor is not perfect but it's a excellent razor once it is mastered. Fresh blade with a shim underneath and it will sing & deliver some stellar excellent shaving. Had a close shave this morning with no issues.
Blade : Gillette 7oclock Permasharp(4 tossed) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity. Borderline tossing it out this morning while shaving.
Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. One of my favorite soaps for quality lather.
Brush : Yaqi" Ferrari " Boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, great splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)4 template 9.2.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent close shave with my Yaqi Top aggressive slant with a Gillette Permasharp.
SOTD September1 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sitting at the airport awaiting my flight to California to visit family and friends for two weeks. Below will be my shave routine for the time I am away from the homestead. See you all in a little over two weeks.

Razor: 1958 Gillette Super Speed T.V. Special
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Muhle V2 Travel
Bowl: Collapsible Travel 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: Jabonman Mountain or WSO Zaro
Balm: Davidoff Cool Waters
Aftershave: Davidoff Cool Waters

Razor - Wolfman WR2 .85
Blade - Wilkinson Sword Classic
Brush - Trotter Handcrafts Amethyst Glass
Software - Hendrix Classics & Co. Hidden Goddess

I planned on shaving with the Rex Ambassador I got today, but after daily shaving with aggressive razors for the last two weeks, I’ll give my face a break. This is my smallest gap Wolfman, but it is still quite efficient, and most importantly, smooth. Face feels fresh and clean after 3 passes, and alum pass revealed very little stinging.

0609D525-22B6-40C9-A52E-89CEAFC61B7F.jpeg

Sat 2 Sept Slant
Soap & Aftershave
Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor & Blade RazoRock G37 Slant / JAWS Platinum
Love this soap & matching splash for the intoxicating scent & cooling sensation. The lather is always great...nicely whipped up by the excellent brush! The shave with this slant razor paired with the blade was very enjoyable...
20230902_115914.jpg

SOTD: 2nd September 2023.

a.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066 Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Kent Luxury Shaving Soap.
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated. (D1)
Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezings,/ Cold Water Face Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face Rinse. /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Paco Rabanne Pour Homme ASL./ Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

For the next month I will be focusing on using my SE razors, Slant razors, and using a variety of Boar, Horse hair, and synthetic brushes and also be using my shave sticks occasionally with my set ups throughout the month and continue to use a variety of DE blades.

The Kent/MWF as always provided me with a wonderful protective slick lather for the shave leaving an excellent post shave feel...I've stated many times in my postings that I could easily shave with Kent/MWF shaving soap forever, but like everyone else I like variety with my shaves.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine. 😉

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. 😎

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_7109.jpeg

1) Portugal: Brush Semogue Heriditas Boar.
2) USA: Shaving Cream Gillette Pure Tube.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) China: Razor Blade Rhino Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) France: EDT Lomani.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, September 2nd 2023

Razor : Yaqi Flipside dual comb- Mfg 2019>, tame mid to mid range depending on what comb side used. The Sbar side is slightly more aggressive than the open comb side that I like . Open comb works well for knocking the stubble around the chin area and the SBar side is a nice finishing side for closeness. Very nice affordable razor head that I would recommend(I bought it because I never used a dual comb. Had a excellent close comfortable shave this morning with no issues.
Blade : Gillette 7oClock Permasharp(1) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity. Saint Petersburg steel is slightly better for longevity IMO.
Soap : Proraso green, Eucalyptus menthol scented with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi"Mountain lake" 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. 2 band badgers are one of the best brushes to use for general shaving needs IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Proraso green Eucalyptus with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2) 1 10.545 1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent stellar comfortable shave with my Yaqi Flipside dual comb razor with a fresh Gillette Permasharp blade.
SOTD September2 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom