Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday, August 31
proxy.php

Vintage Williams~~Rooney~~RR Game Changer/Feather~~Aqua Velva
proxy.php

Have a great day!

Monday shave collage.jpg

Today's shave starts off with AoS Sandalwood soap, the tallow formula. The brush used was made by Rudy Vey and contains a Muhle Silvertip Fibre knot. It does an excellent job of making lather. The razor: the Tech I recently found. I decided not to use the blade that came with it but went with a GSB blade, instead. The aftershave was Thayers WH and Clubman. After a shower some TOBS Sandalwood cologne.

74F87FAF-6F59-4005-963A-537DA2A706C1.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, AUGUST 31, 2020

I’ll also launch Single Edge September a day early! Thanks to the largesse of my son, Ben, and several safety razor for straight razor exchanges, I now possess more straight razors than I ever expected to own. The roughest looking is this Tanifuji Airi which also happens to possess a simply divine, buttery-smooth blade. Yeah, Joes (@Trigger & @JACarbone), I think I finally get it! This Japanese Silver Steel blade really holds an edge. Ben has taught me the benefits of burnishing the edge prior and after shaving. My little jasper hone and this well-used Tanifuji make beautiful music together, and the three pass (WTG, ATG, XTG) result speaks for itself, another very comfortable VBBS mug shave.

The dome shave was every bit as good. Colonial Razor builds one heck of a blade holder. I own both their Silversmith and General V2. For today’s shave, I swapped out the General handle for the Silversmith. Kyle Evans, the designer with his twin, Kirk, points to Colonial silverware embellishment as one of his design cues for this Silversmith handle which replaced the original. Although a bit tea-pot looking the knurling and weight in combination with the General head feel great in hand.

The freshly palm-stropped Feather Super obliterated the 48 hrs of noggin growth right down to the skin line in its usual effortless fashion. The Rearden Razor synth brush did a great job whipping up the two different MWF lathers I enjoy for my morning shave . I shave with DEs, Injectors, Gems, and AC razors, and can obtain a VBBS with all, but must admit that easiest and most enjoyable for me (YMMV) arrival in VBBS land has always been through my AC razors. I am refreshed, cool, clean and AC-smoothed velveteen.

RAZOR: Tanifuji Airi (Mug), Colonial General V2 with Silversmith handle (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super AC
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Rearden Razor 316L SS Synthetic
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, Aug 31st 2020- Goodmorning on this first frost day, seems a little early to me but it came this morning.

Razor: Gem Featherweight (1st generation)-Mfg 1950-52+2nd gen 1953-54, excellent lower mid range IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (1) Excellent blade.
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch- excellent lather qualities with a nice mild clean appealing scent.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic- Excellent brush to create lather and those cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a small dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard.
Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + 1 small weeper= :a17: excellent shave with my Gem Featherweight 1st Gen.

MMMonday, Aug 31st 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom