IMG_2821.JPG

Razor: Gillette Old Type 1921-28/Derby Extra
Brush: Yaqi sagrada Familia
Soap: Arko
AS: Stirling Executive Man

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD. Tue, Aug 4th 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core V2- Mfg 2018 > good daily driver, mild razor with the swivel head. 3 pass needed.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE modified(4) Excellent in all respects that make a blade stand out.
Soap: Razorock XXX- excellent scent and great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi rainbow with brown whiskers 26 mm - Great lather making in any type of soap with soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickips.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor aftershave with witch hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Oneblade core & Gem blade.

SE SOTD, Tue, Aug 4th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves & take care in these times!

Tuesday, 8/4:

20200804_095820.jpg

Razor - Muhle Rocca
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Grizzly Bay "Salazar" 26mm Fanchurian 2-band
Soap - Martin de Candre Vetyver
A/S - Proraso Cypress and Vetiver

I am more and more impressed every time I use the Rocca. It's very smooth and very efficient. It definitely took down more with the first pass than the Tatara does, but really doesn't sacrifice smoothness. And I'm fully on board with the bigger handle; so easy to grip. First time I've used MdC, and the lather was not very good. Pretty sure my soap-water ratio was off, but I worked it on the face with paint strokes to press out the air and it was a little better. It gives really good glide, but almost no residual, probably because it was so thin that it all just washed away when I rinsed. The scent is freaking outstanding, though. I really really enjoyed it. Despite the lather result, it was a great shave. Smooth, clean, and clear!

8/3/20
Art of Shaving Bergamot & Neroli Shave Cream
Art of Shaving in Fine Badger
Merkur Model 42C "1904" Closed Comb
Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
Osma Alum Block
Lucky Tiger AS & Face Tonic
Art of Shaving Bergamot & Neroli Balm
Acqua Di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria
SOTD8-3-20.jpg

8/4/20
Haslinger Shafmilch