SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 24th - August 30th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSX_20200826_114118-01.jpg

Pre: Oil Can Grooming Angel's Share Shave Oil
Soap: Wickham 1912 Classic 24
Splash: SD Forest Fresh
Brush: Yaqi Red Marble 24mm Tuxedo
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 (knurled handle)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)​

Date:- 26 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Unconditional Surrender
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Voskhod #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

SOTD Wednesday 8-26-2020
Pre: Hot Water Splash
Bowl: Captain’s Choice ceramic
Brush: Semogue Excelsior 830
Soap: C.O. Bigelow cream
Razor: Razorock GC84P, w/UFO handle (Thanks John!)
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (3)
Result: The shave was as enjoyable as the end result. There’s something to this “look good, feel good” business.
Happy Shaves to All.

F5685057-74DC-490C-946F-703F81F61F05.jpeg

Wed, 7/26:

20200826_093849.jpg

Razor - Charcoal Goods brass Lvl 2
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Mojo/Rich Man collab #11 26mm S2 Innovator fan
Cream - Nancy Boy Signature
A/S - Nancy Boy Signature

Fantastic. With my wife back to teaching, I'm on kid duty in the AM and working in the PM, and my shaves have got to be quick in the morning. I was able to bang out shower/shave in half an hour, which has got to be some kind of personal record. The brush was really nice face lathering: some scrub, lots of backbone, but very efficient at making the lathering and feels really nice. Efficient strokes and a light touch gave me a super close shave with no irritation. Feeling awesome.

Tues shave vign.jpg

I have been traveling for two weeks and used the same setup for that period. This is the first morning I am home and it is nice to change it up. Today's shave starts with Tabac soap. The soap has been in use for some time now and has no scent - but sure does perform great. The brush is a Graydog Synthetic brush which is turning out to be one of my favorite brushes. Thank you, Steve @Graydog. The razor is a Gillette New - the only OC razor that I now own. The blade is a Dorco Plat st300. The aftershave: Thayers Rose Petal WH and Clubman.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Wed, Aug 26th 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core, version 2- Mfg 2018> mild aggression, Excellent daily driver with a Gem modified blade IMO.
Blade: Modified Gem SS PTFE (10) Excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, smooths out as it is used & low cost per shave if that matters to some.
Soap: Tabac- like this soap for lather qualities and post shave- scent is a mild flowery clean fragrance that is OK.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic- I enjoy this brush because it lathers any type of soap well, soft tips.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aoe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + any pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my Oneblade Core with my modified Gem coated blade.

SE SOTD, WED, Aug 26th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

84106DB8-140C-4184-ABE9-ED33BB11F41F.jpeg

SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, AUGUST 26, 2020

Beautiful sunny day in Willistown this morning. This morning I shaved with my Dovo Special and my Colonial General, the head of which I placed on the Silversmith handle. The shave was lovely. My Omega Pro48 did its usual remarkable lather-building job. Two pass (WTG, ATG) face shave with neck cleanup by the Colonial General. I’ve noticed that by palm stropping my Feather Supers, I can sometimes get up to 6 dome shaves per blade. In any case the dome shave today was very enjoyable. Continual use of MWF has definitely had a very positive effect on my skin condition. I may notice blood on my razor, but when I check cannot locate the weeper! I feel refreshed, cool, clean and my scalp positively velveteen!

RAZOR: Dovo Special (Mug), Colonial General V2 head on Silversmith handle. (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Old Spice Fresh Lime and Pre de Provence Balm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom