Not open for further replies.
Diamond SOTD.jpg

536BD66B-B047-4A97-9707-B420331482CE.jpeg

Pre: Noxzema wash
Brush: AP Shave Co. handle with 28mm Shave Forge boar knot
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: Astra SP (#3)
Soap: Stirling MiTA
Post: Alum followed by Stirling MiTA witch hazel splash and then back for Soap Commander Integrity balm for a bit of moisture

A really good shave tonight! A slight weeper in the usual place (right side of my neck, when I get them) but no pain and even the alum didn't give much feedback. The MiTA was delightfully cool, but the highlight was the new to me brush. Man, that thing just vaulted to the top of my small group. A really nice face feel, held plenty of lather, and a great size. (I'm not sure how long it will hold that spot, though, because I have a beautiful Vie Long Silvertip inbound.)

And I finally got some great Stirling lather tonight! My past few tries have been okay, but not up to Stirling's reputation (and I knew the issue had to be my technique). Today I was poking around B&B on something non-lather related and came across a mention of the Marco Method. Hmm, what's all this about? Found a post with a YouTube link, thought it looked relatively foolproof for a beginner (soak brush, let water drip off, load from the puck, then face lather with no need to add more water), and gave it a go with fantastic results.

A great shave to close out the week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom