Aftershave: Mikes Soap Co. Lavender

Tuesday, 8/11:

20200811_093730.jpg

Razor - Wolfman WR2 1.15
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Shavemac MB2 24mm 2-band silvertip
Soap - Pannacrema Nuavia Blu
A/S - Proraso Blue

A very luxurious shave using this scent. Lather was nice, and the brush felt great. I so wish the same knot was in a different handle though; tough for me to grab this one. But man, that scent just made the shave. Very good slickness had the Wolfman gliding with ease over my skin. The combo of soap and Proraso Blue at the end is unbeatable. Fantastic close results, super smooth soft skin, yet again.

8/10/20
Taylor of Old Bond Street Royal Forest
Shavemac Custom Silver Tip
Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Rapira Platinum Lux (4)
Osma Alum Block
Pitralon Classic
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Penhaligon's English Fern
SOTD8-10-20.jpg

8/11/20
Green Mountain Soap Co. Lavender Grapefruit
Vie-Long 14080
11/16 Red Imp #132 by Case USA
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Osma Alum Block
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Nautica Blue
SOTD8-11-20.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Maggard Slant w/WCS 84S handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Red
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Bowl: Timeless Black
Soap: Captain’s Choice Nor’easter
A/S: Captain’s Choice Nor’easter
Fantastic shave today. First time using a slant, not sure what I was worried about, it was such a smooth and effortless shave!
76CD87C0-607A-44A9-B3B5-88C6053F0FDD.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, AUGUST 11, 2020

RAZOR: Double Duck Goldedge (Mug), NOS LeCoq Cage Head (Domej
BLADE: Polsilver
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash.

750E406A-961F-4A23-A395-373163CAE2BD.jpeg
484100F6-FA55-4597-87D4-BE20E8261808.jpeg

Whoa! Now Tuesday is a pretty average day in that the weekend is a close but fleeting memory and we are way too far from the next weekend. However, “epic” can still happen and today’s shave is a perfect example when all the right components fall into line it can go from “meh” to “wow” pretty quickly.

Razor of choice today the Merkur Progress set to 1 1/2 and loaded with a fresh Voskhod. The Voskhod is my reference blade and I put it in every new to me razor. I know what it can do and what it can’t and so I can tell pretty quickly if a razor is going to work for me or not because the blade “variable” has been removed from the equation. The Progress as with my Mergress is an exceptional razor with heft and good looks in abundance. Very rarely does it ever go past 2 on the dial. Smooth and comfortable.

Soap of the day RazoRock Black Bay which is just an awesome smelling soap. Great performer also but a little thirsty at times to dial in a really slick lather. No such issues today as the EJ synth had no issues whipping up lots of lather.

A brilliant three pass BBS shave achieved. Topped off with the matching Black Bay AS and a spritz of Guerlain Oud Essentiel ...WOW! That folks was an epic shave!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur Progress 500
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Edwin Jagger Silver Tip Badger Synthetic - 22mm knot
Lather: RazoRock Black Bay
Aftershave: RazoRock Black Bay
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Guerlain Oud Essentiel
454261AD-2EE0-4465-B537-78D979AA50C7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.