What's new

๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ SOTD "European Theme Week" November 7, 2022 to Nov 13th, 2022 ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD, Saturday, November 12th, 2022

Shower at gym + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
D.R. Harris Marlborough shave soap + aftershave
Merkur badger brush + safety razor + Astra stainless blade

proxy.php
ย 
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S โ€“ #3
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Two Band
Soap: 345 Soap Co: Breakfast Group (Deus Vult)

A shave that can be summed up in one word... FAULTLESS. A warm, comforting fragrance, exemplary cushion and glide, and a very comfortable post shave feeling. Yes, 345 Soap Co: Breakfast Group is definitely a soap that is second to none, and deserves to rub shoulders with the big guns.
ย 
11/10/22 Shave of the Day in San Francisco
Range Travellr XL Brown Leather Toiletry Dopp Bag
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Al Fin Conditioning Shampoo Puck
Phoenix Shaving 2021 Advent Shaving Soap #9 Otra Esoteric Shave Soap
Simpson Wee Scot Best Badger Shaving 13mm Brush
The Razor Company Unbreakable Lather Bowl - Bright Yellow 3D Printed Semi Flexible
Harry's Truman Razor
5 German Blade Cartridge and Trimmer - 16th Shave
RazoRock Alum Stick
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Shaving 2021 Advent Aftershave #9 Otra
NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements St Martin's Land Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength
โ€‹
B IMG_2131.jpeg
ย 
Brush: Omega badger
Lather: Classic Edge "Bay Rum"
Razor: 1940s Gillette Tech (flat bottom, made in England)
Blade: Gillette "7 O'clock Sharp Edge"
Witch hazel: Thayers "Lavender"
Alum block: Osma
After shave splash: Fine "Platinum"
After shave balm: Zirh "Soothe" (unscented)

2022-11-13.jpg
ย 

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Supply Provision The Single Edge Jet Black
Blade: Schick (D7)
Brush: Black Eagle Rhino Black Feather 25mm
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Unscented
Shave Soap: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
โ€‹
ย 
CAAEDD70-6D48-4BD3-A497-7A2877AA315D.jpeg

Discovery Blade PIF / European Week / NOCvember

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/Cube Dock

Razor: T.R. Cadman & Sons "Bengall"
Razor: Gillette Rocket (English, 1947-1950)
Blade: Eddison Super Stainless

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Executive Man
Brush: Vikings Blade White Knight
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Proraso / Pinaud Lilac Vegital
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

So here we have it. The day has finally come. My very first shave with a straight razor. Yep, I asked for this. So without further ado...

I figured I'd go with some Stirling Soap Company Executive Man soap today for a couple reasons. One, I knew I could rely on this soap to provide me some really good slickness and the protection I need. Or at least most of the protection I need. And two, because I think seeing the name "Executive Man" gave me so sort of, (unquantifiable) confidence boost. Either way, I had my mind made up. I'm doing this today!

As I'm right handed, I started on the right side of my face. This positioning felt the most comfortable. I was pretty easily able to just jump right in and clear the right side of any whiskers. This was good! Using the straight did feel a little weird in hand though. The extension of the razor from my hand as a tool, is definitely a "feel" that will take some time and experience to get comfortable with. This is because shaving with a straight is a new fine-motor skill for me. I definitely have some growing to do. This is all fine and dandy though as I've been looking forward to this new challenge.

I proceeded to tackle the left side of my face in an even more awkward way, but never the less I got the job done. The process on this side took longer and was a little more choppy, for lack of a better term, but in the end the results were the same as my right side.

I did go on and do a with-the-grain pass on my upper lip, lower lip, chin and entire neck area. I did not dare go any further after this.

I didn't have any major bleeding which was fantastic! I did however end up with a couple superficial "lines" in my face with some very light bleeding. Nothing worse than sticking through a full shave with a double edge blade of unknown number of uses, only to find out it's way past its useful life.

I continued on using the beautiful English Gillette Rocket for my across the grain and against the grain passes. This was all easy peasy for me but enjoyable none the less.

I finished things off with some Proraso aftershave but due to reasons I showered shortly after shaving the so once out I decided to switch things up and opt for some Lilac Vegital.

Long story short this was a unique and eventful shave to say the least and I'm looking forward to building my skill with this form of shaving.

Enjoy your shaves gentlemen.
ย 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
0FBAEEAB-5A88-417F-A58F-96085CC24AF7.jpeg

1) China: Brush Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horsehair.
2) Germany: Shaving Cream Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Germany: Razor Blade Bolzano.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Lotion Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion.
7) Germany: Aftershave Splash Nivea Men Deep Aftershave Splash.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captainโ€™s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.
ย 
2022-11-12N sotd.jpeg

Pre ..... Hot H2O Splash/Soak
Brush ... Omega Lucretia Borgia Silvertip (25mm)
Soap .... Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor ... Tedalus Essence, Feather Super
Razor ... Blackland Vector, Kai Titan Mild ProTouch MG
Post .... Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Toner
Post .... Speick AS Splash
Post .... ETHOS Lavender Suprรชme SFS
Finish .. Castle Forbes Gentlemen's Cologne EDP
ย 

SOTD: 13th November 2022.

2.jpg

โ€‹
Shaving Recipe for Remembrance Sunday. (UK)

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Mug Lather.
Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp. (D2)
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Alum Rub. /Cold Water Face Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel Williams Aqua Velva ASL. / Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Remembrance Sunday morning shave.

'In honour to the fallen heroes of all wars past & present'....'All politicians around the world should make it their duty to visit war memorials to be reminded what happens when politics fails'.

I have nothing but utter contempt for politics, most of all politicians of what they have done and are still doing to the world that we live in. Shame on them. Enough said.

Everything in my shave set up this morning worked together wonderfully. A smooth performance from the 1940's tech / Treet Dura duo was wonderful cutting through my remaining stubble with effortless ease.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick-ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe and enjoy your Sunday Remembrance Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:
โ€‹
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom