What's new

๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ SOTD "European Theme Week" November 7, 2022 to Nov 13th, 2022 ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ

Status
Not open for further replies.
European shave set up.

IMG_20221113_112111_1.jpg

Shave 2 on the feather blade.
ย 
Sunday
Preshave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser / Baxter Beard Line Up Shave Gel
Razor: Gillette Ball-end Tech
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: EverReady 200 Restore w/Whipped Dog Silvertip
Soap: Fellow Barber Shave Cream
Aftershave: Thayerโ€™s Lemon Witch Hazel /Alum
Balm: Clinique for Men Anti-Age Moisturizer
ย 
Shave of Day BB.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Noble Otter Monarch
Brush
Zenith Manchurian
Bowl
Captainโ€™s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
Swithcing razors and blades today. I selected my Mergress XL razor and loaded it with a Wizamet blade. A very nice combination of razor and blade. Today I used my Zenith Manchurian brush, a brush made in Italy. I like the denseness of this brush. It is very dense but feels great on my face and head. Four passes on my face and neck and two on my head resulted in a perfect BBS shave with no need for any touchups. Have a good one.
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, November 13th, 2022, experimenting with a DE blade, Subie shaves double stack blade hack.

Razor : Schick injector E2 type, Canadian variant- MFG in the 1930's- 40's, Mid range, light weight 1OZ, well built to last with some care, one of my favorite injectors & a joy to use.
Blade : Personna red DE (4) sharp & smooth with great longevity, experimenting with a double stack blade modified to fit the E2 injector. It can be done with reasonble success if a person is willing to take effort and care needed to not get cut. I use 2 small strips of electric tape & then place the blade on the sticky part + then fold the edges of tape over the cutting edges and trim away. The blade will curve slightly from the scissor cutting and then stack the blades together and place in the injector with care. Not sure it is worth the effort but I do enjoy challenges. This is much better & safer than using 1 half blade because it is to flexible but with 2 blade half's you are getting very close to the thickness of a injector blade. The shave was close and comfortable and do-able but not sure it is worth the risk of cutting yourself. Take care if attempting!
Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea", nice unique bright sharp cleanish scent with excellent lather qualities. This soap is very addictive with matching aftershave splash IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm silvertip badger (3band) excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock"The Dead Sea" with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a Subie double stack DE blade hack.

SOTD November 13 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
20221112_080909.jpg

Razor: Schick G3 Gold Plated Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Samish Dusk in Manchurian badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
ย 
Razor: Gillette Heavy Tech
Blade: Bolzano (7)
Brush: Ever Ready 500
Bowl: Captainโ€™s Choice Copper
Soap: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Aftershave: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum

I started with the Supply but the blade simply wasnโ€™t cutting anything. So I switched to the Tech with the Bolzano which was right there on the counter and I was able to get a nice DFS+ result AND use a European blade to fit at least a little into this weekโ€™s theme.

667AB0A3-31C7-4313-840B-7378272F6CFC.jpeg
ย 
Knockout-SOTD-K_2022-11-13.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip 2-Band 20/46
Soap: Stirling Unscented
Razor: 1947 Knockout
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (16)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A fabulous shave. :biggrin:
The mighty Knockout demolished my six day beard with ease, helped by the rest of the magical team of course. :sorcerer:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.