proxy.php

Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: ‘The Rock’ (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum
Brush: 'Mama Chub' (Chubby 2 Two Band)
Soap: Barrister & Mann: Promises
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wholly Kaw: Fougere Bouquet ASB

I'm so glad that I persevered with the Glissant base, especially after my first couple of shaves, which were quite disappointing, because Eventide and Promises are outstanding soaps... excellent performance, and scents that are right up my street. Couldn't wish for anything more. Well, maybe the return of Fireside, I guess....

12/28/17
Proraso Green Pre Shave Cream
Cella
Vie-Long 14080
11/16 Chaussis "Torpedo" #270
Tony Miller 3" Heirloom Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Original
Pecksniff's Lemon, Cedar, & Amber Balm
Nautica "Oceans"
SOTD12-28-17.jpg

A35B5667-CA7C-4E09-9905-3BFCC63B8D9B.jpeg
Razor: Wade & Butcher

Strop: Rasurpur Paddle

Soap: Colgate

Brush: Ever Ready Boar

Aftershave #1: Thayer’s WH

Aftershave #2: Clubman Veg

Talc: Clubman

Thursday's Shave

PdP #63 pre-shave lather / hot Towel & Rinse

Thiers-Issard La legende 6/8

Doug Korn D7 in Rootbeer / TGN Finest

PdP #63 Shave Soap

Lucky Tiger Aftershave salve / cool towel & rinse

PdP Aftersahve Balm

Tom Ford Champaca Absolute EdP

proxy.php

Have a Nice Thursday Gentlemen

28 December 2017

Imperial Improved Eagle Razor
Simpson Commodore X2
D. R. Harris Arlington Shaving Soap
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Dior Eau Sauvage

IMG_0089.jpg

SOTD, Thursday, December 28th, 2017

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
Creed Green Irish Tweed shave soap
Truefitt & Hill badger brush
Kai folding shavette + Feather Proguard blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Thayer's astringent witch hazel
Creed GIT cologne

proxy.php

SOTD December 28th
Razor: 1906 Gillette SR
Blade: Voskhod
Soap: RazoRock Plague Doctor
Brush: VDH Badger
AS 1: Thayers Rose petal WH
AS 2: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
image.jpeg

SOTD, Thursday, December 28th, 2017

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
Creed Green Irish Tweed shave soap
Truefitt & Hill badger brush
Kai folding shavette + Feather Proguard blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Thayer's astringent witch hazel
Creed GIT cologne

proxy.php
Excellent picture and setup

Thursday's Shave

PdP #63 pre-shave lather / hot Towel & Rinse

Thiers-Issard La legende 6/8

Doug Korn D7 in Rootbeer / TGN Finest

PdP #63 Shave Soap

Lucky Tiger Aftershave salve / cool towel & rinse

PdP Aftersahve Balm

Tom Ford Champaca Absolute EdP

proxy.php

Have a Nice Thursday Gentlemen
Hey Red Baron, excellent pic and setup

Friday Planned SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: Schick Repeating Razor C2
Blade: Schick Injector (D3)
Brush: Declaration Brushworks Washington 25mm
Bowl: Anself Bamboo 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: Saponificio Varesino Honey & Grain
Pre-Shave Oil: Lemon Lime Chill
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Credence
Aftershave: Extro Rasoio E Pennello Summer 2015

WEDNESDAY SOTD ::::: December 27, 2017

Prep: Hot shower w/Dove Men+Care Face Wash Hydrate+
Pre-shave Oil: RazoRock Essential Oil of Lime
Soap: Grooming Dept. Dia
Brush: Elite Razor Prism 2-band Manchurian White 24mm
Razor: Rockwell 6S (plate 6)
Blade: Feather New H-Stainless (3)
Post Splash: Humphreys Citrus Witch Hazel
After Shave: Floïd Black

View attachment 847801

Hi Ron, hope you fell better today.
Nice set, especially that very colorful and beautiful brush and the Rockwell, do you use the Rockwell in the 6, isn't very agressive?
How is the Rockwell in the 3 comparable with the Muhle R89 or with her sister Edwin Jagger R89 is it equal or more milder/much more milder ?
I ask you this question because I have some curiosity about the Rockwell 2C that only has in the head the numbers 1 and 3 and in the 1 everybody says is to milder
;)

Wholly Kaw - Project Leather (tallow)
Kent V8
Ever-Ready SE | Gem PTFE

proxy.php

I've commented on Wholly Kaw's tallow/*** milk/hops extract base previously, so I'll abridge my comments with respect to performance. There is simply not a mark against it. This base is practically flawless with post-shave being its preeminent aspect, and as such firmly holds a place among my favorite artisanal soaps.

I've recently picked up "Merchant of Tobacco" and "Project Leather". I chose to start with Project Leather because I was in the mood for a leather explosion. Instead, I got berries. You read correctly. Dark, wild berries. Upon initial lather, I detected a sweet fennel and berry note that I couldn't shake. It was quite pleasant, but not at all what I was expecting with a name like "Project Leather". I stopped mid-shave and took a whiff of the matching EdT to confirm that perhaps I didn't receive a mislabeled tub. The EdT gave the same impression, so on with the shave. During the face lather, I searched for a leather note, and it was difficult to establish. Finally, about half-way through the first pass, the berry/fennel note spiced up a bit and declared itself as cardamom with vanilla and bourbon backup. Leather invaded close behind, but it was more of a nubuck leather fragrance. Despite the inclusion of oud, the fragrance remained on the brighter end of the spectrum. Amid the final pass, the leather became more prominent, but cardamom had equal footing. I used the paired splash and experienced a similar, yet naturally protracted experience.

The following morning, I applied the paired EdT, and again, I initially detected berries and sweet fennel (neither of which are documented or intended notes). In some ways it was reminiscent of Dr. Jon's "Krampus" sans the anise. It's possible my nose became entrained, because within a few minutes, the berry notes transformed more quickly to spicy cardamom. Still the leather took some time to make a presence, but once it did (about an hour), it remained well-established throughout. The most enjoyable part of this ride was the gradual unfolding and building over a period of about 3 to 4 hours with remarkable complexity. Bourbon and vanilla contributed a warmth and meager sweetness exhibiting a masterfully blended masculine fragrance. Note this is an EdT, and I can still enjoy this fragrance about 5 hours out, now. At the time of this writing, Project Leather is not available as an EdP.

If you've stuck it out this far, you may yet wonder what I think about Project Leather. Given its namesake, it both fails to meet, yet exceeds my expectations. I feel like the name is misleading, but this beautiful fragrance keeps good company with the likes of Wholly Kaw's Fougère Bouquet. However, if you have your nose set for a leather-forward offering from Wholly Kaw, I highly recommend you look to "Cuero Oscuro", a simply beautiful dark leather fragrance. Perhaps some day, Cuero Oscuro will get the *** milk/hops treatment and even more importantly its own EdP.

proxy.php

RazoRock Wunderbar w/ EJ Chatsworth Handle
Gillette 7 O’Clock Black
Rudy Vey ‘SOC’ Boar
Symmetrical Pottery Lather Bowl
Tabac Shave Soap
Williams Aqua Velva ASL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom