What's new

🇨🇦 🍁 🏒 “SOTD - Canadian Theme Week” 🍁 🇨🇦 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD: 23rd March 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Face Lather.
Lather: Vie-Long Shave Stick.
Blade: Shark Super Stainless. (D2)
razor: Muhle R89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture. / Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

An invigorating early morning cold water shave to finishing my shaving week off superbly.

The Vie-Long Shave Stick provided a slick protective lather for the full shave without re-apply it to my face. The performance & post shave feel from this shave stick is absolutely superb.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 23-Mar
20230322_131418.jpg

Brush: DG B15
Soap: Old Spice
Razor: R41GS
Blade: Rubie (1)

That was an exciting shave, the R41GS new to the stable, initial go around and the weight seems to up the game from the zamak by quite a margin. There was certainly a lot of feel so at least I knew what was going on at all times. Will this be a daily, nah I don't think so, will it see some use, definitely.

But the real star of the show, the Shulton Old Spice AS, having never used the real original I only knew anecdotally what to expect. It's like the modern shares a good portion of DNA but has been cut off at the knees in modern times. I've only just used it but by now the modern would already be dissipating but this one is going strong!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Thursday
Preshave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ / King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs 2020 Limited Edition 2-band
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Humphrey’s Cucumber Witch Hazel /Alum
Balm: Stirling Piacenza

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Uomo da Vinci 293
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
ATT S-1
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
The fifth day in a row using the ATT S-1 paired with a Wizamet blade. I normally don’t get that many shaves with a Wizamet blade but this combo seems to work. Another smooth, comfortable, close shave. Today’s brush is the smaller of the two da Vinci brushes I have. It works fine making lather. The resulting shave was perfect. Have a great day, folks.

3/22/23
Green Mountain Soap Co. Balsam Spice
Vie-Long 14080
Schick Eversharp Type G Injector Razor
Parker Injector Razor Blade (3)
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Old Spice
Nivea Maximum Hydration Balm
Montblanc Starwalker
SOTD3-22-23.jpeg

3/23/23
Mitchell's Wool Fat