What's new

πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ 🍁 πŸ’ 🍺 β€œSOTD - Canadian Theme Week April 8-14, 2024” 🍁 πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ’πŸΊ

Status
Not open for further replies.
20240411_123650.jpg

Razor: PAL Adjustable
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Forest City Fern
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Β 
4/11/24
Soapy Bathman
Art of Shaving in Fine Badger
11/16 Red Imp #132 by Case USA
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Nivea Sensitive Balm
Davidoff Cool Water
SOTD4-11-24.jpeg

4/12/24
Speick Shave Stick
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
Schick M1 Adjustable Injector Razor
Parker Injector Razor Blade (12)
Speick
Nivea Sensitive Balm
Versace Pour Homme
SOTD4-12-24.jpeg
Β 

SOTD: 13th April 2024.

33.jpg

​
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1250.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Razorock "What The Puck?!"Orange Sunrise Shaving Soap.
Blade: KCG. (D1)
Razor: King C Gillette.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Duru Mandarin Cologne./Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic./ Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the Weekend....It's been some time since I used the Razorock "WTP?!" soap and forgot it takes a bit more time to build a lather, which for me isn't a big issue i find after the soap has been bloomed in tepid tap water for few minutes I'm rewarded with a rich, creamy slick protective lather with a good post shave feel.

Maiden shave with the Semogue 1250 I gave the brush my pre-cleaning ritual a 10 minute soak in tepid water & pre-wash with baby shampoo, Dettol anti-bacterial & Palmolive hand bars soap leaving it to soak for a 5 minutes to get rid of any manufacturing nasties, remove any loose hairs repeated the process to remove the faint funky fragrance of which the pre-wash process removed completely and finally a rinse with warm & cold water to remove any soap residue, and finally removed any excess water with a towel then gave the tips of brush a vigorous rub to start the splitting process letting the brush fully dry out for 48 hours making it ready to use.

I look forward to using the Semogue 1250 in my future shave set ups as I know it'll get better with each outing. The breaking in period with Semogue boars takes longer and tend to splay more than the Omega boars but still hold a good amount of backbone. Each shave performance, & feel from both the Semogue 1250 & Omega 10005 will continue to get better with each outing. Another excellent addition to my boar brush collection.

Since I got the King C Gillette at Christmas and familiarised myself to it I've started to grow a fondness for it. For me it's a trio hybrid of the Edwin Jagger/Muhle R89 & Merkur 34C which all are superb razors in their own right. Aggression wise it's slightly more efficient than the three. Fitted with the King C Gillette blade makes a mild smooth yet efficient duo. A great razor & blade combo. I like the KCG blades.

A close comfortable combined face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face & precious swede are both feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
Β 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_1116.jpeg

1) Portugal: Brush Semogue Galahad Boar.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Red Tub.
3) USA::Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) England: Razor Blade Vintage London Bridge Super Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm Natio For Men Calming Aftershave Balm.
7) R.O.I. EDP Bespoke London.
Β 
IMG_3247.JPG

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (setting 4)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (2nd use)
Brush: Omega S-Brush S10019
Soap: Stirling Sheep
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

First time using the Slim, my brother found it years ago in an op shop (thrift store) alongside a Flat Bottom Tech, both for peanuts, but he never used it more than once, so he's passed it onto me. It's got some plating loss on the top of the doors and the corners of the guards, but otherwise seems usable condition. I've always been a bit daunted by all the variables of an adjustable, so I just set it to setting 4. Might try setting 5 or 6 next. Also first time using the S-Brush with Sheep, I did notice it took a little longer to load than my usual boars. I put a rubber band at the top of the handle, which helped with grip.
Β 
Last edited:
Date12.04.2024
366 daily shaves
104/366

RazorBladeBrush
Gillette Old TypeLord Cool (6)Razorock Beehive πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (86)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
(details here)
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)5/10 (Sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.25/10
(DFS++)
7.5/10 (Comfortably smooth)

Notes:

Summary. Again slightly better performance from the blade. The Old Type is the mother of all open combs. Wow!

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!
Β 
A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Frank Shaving Syn.
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is my third shave with my Mergress XL and Wizamet blade. I continued to use a higher number on the adjustable. I took my time and got a close smooth shave. The Williams is on its 108th use. The shave was perfect. Have a wonderful day, folks.
Β 
Status
Not open for further replies.