What's new

🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪 “SOTD - B&B Subforums! Theme Week” January 24, 2022 to January 30th, 2022 🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thu 27 SOTD
Soap Smoking Monsters Zen Tea New 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Yaqi DOC Rosegold New 1st Use
Blade Willy's Premium 3rd use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Seville Splash
Wow...this new soap, is very nice! The scent is really good, has consistent strength, and lasts too. The lather is good, creamy & slick...will be using a few more of these soap options...some terrific choices
Sometimes a great shave can be had from an unassuming razor/blade combination and today is just that. A free razor won in lucky draw performs so well...3 effortless, smooth and very efficient passes for a bbs finish. Nice aftershaves.
20220127_091848.jpg

Thursday SOTD
DSC05325 (2).jpg

Razor: Rockwell Gunmetal Model-T V2
Blade: Personna Med Prep (D4)
Brush: MS Faux Horn 30MM Silvertip
Scuttle: TheMudPlace Big Daddy Oiled Mahogany
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lavender
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Prairie Creations DdC Ancient Sedona
Balm: Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Beaver WoodWright Aladdin's Spice

SOTD : 27th January 2022.

thursday.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Shaving Cream.
Blade: Treet Black Carbon. (D2)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Aqua ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Last outing of the Treet Black carbon to finish my shaving week off.....The shaves that i have had with the Treet Black Carbon throughout the week have been acceptable....The only low point that i have with them is the rust issue after two shaves...That said, this won't deter me from shaving with them again, as the two shaves i had with them were smooth & efficient.

The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe shaving cream as always never fails to provided me with a smooth protective slick lather in no time leaving a superb post shave feel....The Maca Root & Aloe shaving cream gives the best protective slickness, and post shave feel that i have had from any shaving cream that i have tried to date...Superb Stuff!

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel...The Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel is my new favourite post shave application for the start of 2022...A wonderful practical Christmas present of which i will continue to use as my post shave application in future shaves.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Time to experiment a bit. On a Dutch forum, I was told to put a Sloc topcap on a Karve SB plate. So...... that's what I did. Lovely shave, lovely looks, excellent result. Quite a bit of noise during the shave, more than with the original cap, but that gives you the feeling something is happening underneath. Perhaps I will contact Karve, so they can take this in production ;-)
Anyway, great shave, but I like the original just as much.... this one perhaps shaves slightly closer?

full

full

10815CFF-01BB-4FFD-A57B-69CC8AA6F301.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, JANUARY 27TH, 2022

This morning it was time for something different. I managed to put a killer edge on this vintage Azuma tamahagane Kamisori. Thanks to rewatching some Kamisori honing videos by several different folk I learned two things. Don’t start at 1k, which according to one notable expert will grind away the soft iron cladding around the hard tamahagane core. So I started on my Norton 4k after taping the the traditional asymmetrical grind so that the soft iron cladding on the unstamped side was protected. Then to the Norton 8k, the Naniwa 12k, the 9 Ball slate and finished under water without a slurry on the jasper for just a very few strokes until it was sticking to the stone.

Although I’m admittedly still a bit awkward using one of these traditional little Japanese shaving knives; it was only my second wakamisori shave.. I began by trying to keep the stamped side on the outside until I discovered that it shaved equally well on either side. It took me three and a half passes to get the mug as smooth as I like. It was definitely a fun shave which reminded me somewhat of shaving with a wedge. There was none of the buttering toast refrain I enjoy with my western hollow ground straights, but it did get the job done. My son really enjoys shaving with Kamisori traditional grinds. While I can’t say I'm there yet, it was an interesting experience

Given that I was already in an experimental mood, I loaded two stacked feather blades into my Leresche 77 in the same manner I do my Shake Sharps at the suggestion of my friend, Jeff Mudrick who tried it successfully with his. The noggin shave was surprisingly good. Two very careful ATG passes and my noggin was glassine smooth. The Leresche 77 was already an extremely efficient shaver. If anything, the two stacked blades cleared things out nicely, with perhaps a touch less aggressiveness. Every now and then it’s really fun to try something new and different. It certainly was for me this morning. I’m extremely smooth from neck to noggin.

RAZOR: Vintage Azuma Tamahagane Kamisori (Mug), Leresche 77 (Dome)
BLADE: Two Stacked Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: RR Rubberset Replica with Black Synth Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm and Canoe Original EdT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom