What's new

🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪 “SOTD - B&B Subforums! Theme Week” January 24, 2022 to January 30th, 2022 🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪

Status
Not open for further replies.
F79BCE90-F1B4-46CE-A003-60DCDD70A426.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, JANUARY 25, 2022

This aging crap is just no dang fun! Twice a year I have a 6 hour infusion that holds off my Rheumatoid Arthritis, and it’s been working well. Before each procedure, there’s a blood test. Well this time I ended up with a TB result that delayed my infusion and required me to go in for a follow up test. They’ll read the result tomorrow, and hopefully, it’ll be negative! Thank heaven for my shaves! They do pick me up!

This morning I pulled out the big guns, my favorite artisan razor, “Bone Mosaic” by the incredibly talented razorsmith, Victor Creazzi of Colorado. I bought this razor from Vic close to eight or nine months ago, and it still has an awesome edge. I own other artisan razors, but Vic’s amazing razor led me to purchase a second, and I’m currently going to be ordering a third. Two and a half passes and my mug is smooth as my great grandaughter’s bottom!

The noggin shave featured the only premium, luxury Valet Autostrop Henry Gaisman ever produced, the silver plated VB2. The razor was first produced in 1927 and Gaisman put many expensive design elements into this premium razor. It featured a roller bar guide on the back, nicer handles, nicer boxes, nicer kits, and a much nicer finish. But what really set the VB2 apart was the hinged blade door.

Instead of sliding a blade into a friction slot, then activating a catch to hold the blade, the VB2 has a door you open, put the blade onto the “VALET” pins, close the door, then activate the latch. More complex. And the latch at the back of the VB2 was theoretically adjustable: You could change the blade exposure by moving the latch up or down. All I know is that it’s my second favorite Autostrop after the VC4, the only model with a safety bar. In any case two ATG passes and my dome is stubble free, leaving me velveteen smooth from noggin to neck.

RAZOR: Victor Creazzi’s “Bone Mosaic” 7/8 (Mug), Valet Autostrop VB2 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather FAS-10 (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 with 24mm Hybrid Knot Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys WH. Finished with Chatillon Lux Pure Lavender Post Shave Toner.

SOTD #025/2022
25-Jan-2022

>> Tallow Tabac Tuesday <<
20220125_150316-01.jpeg

No new bottle today, Mrs JAHE and I are still sipping the beautiful Riesling pictured yesterday. Very complex and sophisticated, but in first instance a joy to drink. That's why I love Riesling this much. I'll choose a new bottle for tomorrow 😉

Furthermore, I had a nice TTT this morning - Mühle's R41 Twist chopped down my whiskers like nobody's business. BBS, no doubt about it.

Happy shaves!

20220124_092430.jpg

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: The Blade (Personna) Stainless Steel
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Bay Rhum
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Tabac Tuesday SOTD, a great shave, three passes to get to BBS, very close with no weepers; but I do have a tiny bit of that post shave feel:

Pre-shave: face wash with a goat's milk soap
Razors: Maxwell June twinned DE
Blade: Treet Black Beauty (2)- these have a different feel than coated stainless blades, the last pass was not as smooth as I expected, but still yielded a fine shave; this blade was good for just two shaves for me
Brush: Rein Dachs Klassik 20mm badger- break in continues with a nice face lather today
Soap: Tabac tallow stick- always a fine lather
Post-shave: cold rinse, a splash of WH, and some Body Shop Macca Root face protector

Today's EDC knife is a Boker+.

Have a wonderful week!

PXL_20220125_182552920.jpg

24-1-2022

Agua y jabón :: Barrister & Mann, Dickens :: Simpson, P8 Phyl, TSN LE 2013 :: Tatara Muramasa, Solimo :: Floïd, Mentolado Vigoroso

proxy.php

25-1-2022

Agua y jabón :: Barrister & Mann, Leviathan :: Morris & Forndran :: Feather AD-D1, Solimo :: Myrsol, Plàstic shave

proxy.php

Salut!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

23 January
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Flare Tip Rocket (0.58mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry Summer for Men 2013

26 January
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.81mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry Summer for Men 2013

Rise of the Empire (including Clone War's) book 7 of 56
proxy.php

Wednesday SOTD
DSC05314 (2).jpg

Razor: Rockwell Gunmetal Model-T V2
Blade: Personna Med Prep (D3)
Brush: Zenith 506U Manchurian 26mm
Bowl: TJ Olivewood 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lavender
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Spa
Shave Soap: Southern Witchcraft Samhain
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Southern Witchcraft Samhain

BEER OF THE DAY Subforum

To celebrate Rabbie Burns Night, I had a post-shave Corona Shot:
Rabbie-Burns-Corona-Shot_2022-01-25.jpg

Most enjoyable. :biggrin: (The pic was taken pre-shave.)

SOTD
SOTD-1947-GT-W_2022-01-25.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Bignoli Neutro
Razor: 1947 Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Willy's (3)
ASL: Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
This is one unbeatable team that I have, fabulous. :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Status