What's new

🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪 “SOTD - B&B Subforums! Theme Week” January 24, 2022 to January 30th, 2022 🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪

Status
Not open for further replies.
69 Black Beauty w/Stirling Barbershop soap and AS
IMG_9565a.JPG

Monday
Pre-shave: Perricone MD Super Clean Face Wash /Baxter Beard Line-Up Shave Gel
Razor: RazoRock German 37
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: WSP High Mountain White
Soap: C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/Thayer’s Peach Witch Hazel/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Jack Black Clean Break Oil-Free Moisturizer

Theme- couldn't think of anything else for my sub-forum bit, so The Darkroom was it today, here's an unretouched picture of dawn from our house:

PXL_20220107_150806537.jpg

Gem and MdC Monday, a luxury SOTD, two and 1/2 passes to get to DFS+, very close and smooth, and no mishaps:

Pre-shave: nice hot shower with goat's milk soap
Razors: ER Streamline- this razor shaves so easy, smooth, is fairly mild, very well built and very effective
Blade: GEM SS PTFE (6)- these blades are good, especially after a shave or two; maybe I'll pull out a carbon blade for next week
Brush: Rein Dachs Klassik 20mm badger- starting to break in; now just a bit of scritch; a nice feeling, effective knot
Soap: MdC Fougere- always makes a good lather
Post-shave: cold rinse, then TOBS Luxury Herbal AS cream- leaves my face smooth, soft and great feeling

Have a wonderful week!

PXL_20220124_165332390.jpg

5829DF01-9796-4B12-AB8B-B8C5F6277A5B.jpeg
SOTD MONDAY MORNING, JANUARY 24, 2022

Another great mug shave with the straight razor that started me off, the Dovo Special! The factory edge when this razor was new was anything but shave ready. My son reset the bevel and honed it up for my use 7 yrs ago. After my own trials and tribulations with it initially, we’re now on great terms. I reset the bevel the way I like it a few years ago, and have been maintaining it ever since. The shave went well, two and a half passes left yours truly delightfully smooth.

My dome shave with the Colonial Razor Silversmith was every bit as good. This DE safety razor just feels right in hand! Loaded with a Feather DE it never fails to clear away my dome stubble effectively. Kirk and Kyle Evans build fabulous shaving tools. I own both their AC General and the DE Silversmith, and am on deck to receive the new aluminum DE currently in the design phase. I have no doubt that the new razor will be a winner given their track record! Two ATG passes cleaned my dome stubble down to the scalp line leaving me velveteen smooth from neck to noggin.

RAZOR: Dovo Special 5/8 (Mug), Colonial Razor Silversmith (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE ( Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE #007 Knurled Aluminum Handled Hybrid Knot
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature Scent
POSTSHAVE: Cold water with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Nancy Boy Signature Scent AS Balm.

20220123_082223.jpg

Razor: Treet Baton Handle, black with red cap
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Heather
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

20220124_134836.jpg

Otto Roth LC
Shark Super Stainless
Simpson T2
Col Conk Amber soap
Clubman Whiskey Woods

I'm also not very active in the subforums, but you've given me an excuse to bring booze into the bathroom. And unlike @JAHE I will drink and shave! :letterk1:

I got this whiskey in Juneau. It's very flavorful, but smooth enough to sip neat. I taste notes of chocolate, honey, and baking spices. (I really only had a small nip before my shave, I don't need my technique to be any sloppier than it is.)

I don't have the time to post in the subforums attentively, but I can incorporate "currently reading" shots with ease!

20220124_124728.jpg

Pre-shave: Australian Naturals Peach soap
Brush: Stirling B&W 2 band synthetic
Lather: B&M Vespers
Razor: RazoRock Quick Change
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
Aftershave: Cold water and alum, Dickinson's Witch Hazel, B&M Vespers splash and balm
Fragrance: Proraso Wood & Spice

SOTD
SOTD-1947-GT-K_2022-01-24.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Bignoli Neutro
Razor: 1947 Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Willy's (2)
ASL: Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

An extremely pleasant shave. :biggrin:
All the team members were on top form, and my first Floid venture was (and still is) very nice. :sorcerer:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Razor: AutoStrop - 7 O’Clock (1911-12) London, England
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE - Modified for 7 O’Clock (6)
Brush: Henri et Victoria - Karma (synthetic) 25mm
Pre-Shave: Jack Black Beard Lube
Lather: Bartigan & Stark - Nil
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Reserve - Cool
Additional Care:
AutoStrop - Cigar Cutter/Utility Knife x 4
98573755-690F-4061-ABDC-6B1456D2CE54.jpeg

Autostrop and Cuban Cigars?
This 7 O’Clock Autostrop blows me away every time I use it. An extremely rare predecessor of the Valet Autostrop, it easily out shaves the Valet and pretty much every razor I own. Just fabulous!
If I want to light up a celebratory cigar afterwards I’ll snip the ends with one of my Autostrop cigar cutters.
Nil shaving soap. The lather from this soap impresses me more every time I use it. Opulent lather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom