What's new

๐Ÿฑ ๐Ÿถ ๐Ÿฆก ๐Ÿด ๐Ÿท ๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿฆ‘ ๐Ÿ  ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฆ‡ ๐ŸŠ SOTD โ€œAnimal Weekโ€ April 29th to May 5th, 2024 ๐Ÿฑ ๐Ÿถ ๐Ÿฆก ๐Ÿด ๐Ÿท ๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿฆ‘ ๐Ÿ  ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฆ‡ ๐ŸŠ

Status
Not open for further replies.
1714906545206.png
ย 
A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend
Brush
2022 B&B Contributorsโ€™ Brush by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Art of Shaving ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
This was the third day I used my Feather AS-D2 razor with a Feather blade. This combination gave me a nice, smooth shave. I did my usual four-pass shave and the result was a perfect shave. Todayโ€™s brush is a Rudy Vey creation: the B&B 2022 Contributorsโ€™ brush. I love the color and shape of the handle. I am using the Haslinger soap for the seventh consecutive day. The soap performs great but the scent is gone. The soap had remained unopened for several years. A perfect BBS shave.
ย 
Sunday
Preshave: Kiehlโ€™s Facial Fuel / Cremo Sandalwood
Razor: OREN
Blade: KAI Captain Titan Mild ProTouch MG
Brush: Maseto Two-Band
Soap: Mama Bearโ€™s Aged Spice
Aftershave: Kiehlโ€™s Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion /Alum
Balm: Baxter of California After Shave Balm
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, May 5th 2024

Razor : Schick E2 injector, Canadian Variant. Mfg 1930s-40's, mid range. One of the best razors Schick ever manufactured IMO. When it comes to stamping out razor parts Schick seems to have taken it to a new level for that time period IMO. This is one of my favorites, if you have a busy life this would be a razor to purchase, quick rinse and let to dry is all that is needed and once in a while take a tooth brush to give a cleaning if it bothers a person. I modified mine to manually install blades & still use the injector blade injector magazine if preferred + much easier to thoroughly clean like the E1 variant was made. Had a close comfortable close shave this morning.
Blade : Schick injector(AKA=SChick) (7) sharp and smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Speick stick. Nice mild spicy scent with some of the best lather qualities I have ever used IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "Ferrari" 24mm bleached boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Nivea refreshing lotion + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Schick E2 injector with a SChick blade
SOTD May 5 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
Sunday Morning Shave Soiree

I am thoroughly disappointed in these Ted Pella Injector blades. They did not perform well in my
Vintage PAL and now did not do well in the HydroMagic. I got through the shave and you can call it
the high end of a DFS but on a third use I expected better. Replaced with a Hills Platinum Chrome blade and we'll see if that makes a difference tomorrow.

Eversharp Hydro Magic Razor
Ted Pella Injector Blade (3X)
Abbate Y La Mantia Fufluns Soap
Vintage Pure Badger Brush
Citrus Musk Rose Splash
4711 Kolognewasser

IMG_0549-compressed.jpeg
ย 
May 5, 2024 Sunday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip badger (4)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

This was an easy and comfortable three pass shave. No weepers, etc. and no irritation.
Once again, the Overlander / Personna Lab Blue combination is excellent.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_05_24.jpg
ย 
Sunday, May 5, 2024.

• Paco Rabanne, Invictus: 1) Lotion aftershave, 2) Balm aftershave and 3) EdT
  • Phoenix Artisian Accountratements, Speakeasy, shaving soap.
  • Plisson Evolution, synthetic hair, nikeked copper handle.
  • Hart Steel, Thin blue line, 0-1 steel, 6/8 blade, 1/4 hollow ground, satin finish and autentic carbon fiber scales.
IMG_7374.jpeg
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom