What's new

Society of Injector Shavers (the SISSIES)

Picked up my second injector (the type-a got me hooked). This time a type-B1:
4056EDB1-F385-404B-AE00-7F7D151B44D5.jpeg

Came with the original box, sheath, and blade bank with most of the blades. This was a very dirty mess, and thought it was jammed. Fortunately I was able to get it apart and found it was just gunked up. A good cleaning made is sine like new.

Here is what it looked like prior to a good scrub down and polish:
3184AF60-7FFB-4CBC-AC5D-746A8728484F.png

Loaded it up with a new Schick blade and am gonna try it out in the morning.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Picked up my second injector (the type-a got me hooked). This time a type-B1:View attachment 1014398
Came with the original box, sheath, and blade bank with most of the blades. This was a very dirty mess, and thought it was jammed. Fortunately I was able to get it apart and found it was just gunked up. A good cleaning made is sine like new.

Here is what it looked like prior to a good scrub down and polish:
View attachment 1014400

Loaded it up with a new Schick blade and am gonna try it out in the morning.
Congrats!!! I got that one the other day and haven't had a chance to clean it yet....mine appears complete as well. Really glad to have you "test" it out for the both of us! Also anxious to hear how it compares to the Type A.

So, my first shave with the type-b1 didn't go horribly. Felt a bit milder then the type-A, but slightly less efficient in my mind. Could be my technique with it as this was my first time out, so I will reserve final judgment for later. Didn't kill my face so that's always a plus. Might have to shave with this and my type A for a week or two just to get the hang of them before I can come to any conclusion.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
So, my first shave with the type-b1 didn't go horribly. Felt a bit milder then the type-A, but slightly less efficient in my mind. Could be my technique with it as this was my first time out, so I will reserve final judgment for later. Didn't kill my face so that's always a plus. Might have to shave with this and my type A for a week or two just to get the hang of them before I can come to any conclusion.
Using for a week is always my ultimate test as well. Glad that it "didn't kill" your face, as you said, that is always plus!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Just used my newly acquired Schick adjustable injector M3 model setting 4 with a Personna SS PTFE blade 1st use and did that perform well. CCS,DFS,BBs + alum block only indicated minor irritation.
The Personna SS PTFE blade is made and performs very similar to the GEM SS PTFE blade, made in same factory no doubt.
Schick injector M3 adjustable razor (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

8881177D-A1EA-4219-83E5-FE866980BCAB_jpeg.jpg

My first shave with my "new" type H. Inserted one of my vintage Krona blades into it to see how they paired. I had a very good shave with this little razor. The Krona blade worked amazingly. Way better in this razor then in my type B1. Got a clean, smooth three pass shave. Looking forward to using this one again.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
View attachment 1016607

My first shave with my "new" type H. Inserted one of my vintage Krona blades into it to see how they paired. I had a very good shave with this little razor. The Krona blade worked amazingly. Way better in this razor then in my type B1. Got a clean, smooth three pass shave. Looking forward to using this one again.
Some of the youtube shaving celebrities(Fuzzy & Jahrah) call it the Hussey, not sure were the name came from and most really like using it. I would think it would be awkward to hold, how was your experience in the handling of this razor?
Have some great shaves!

Some of the youtube shaving celebrities(Fuzzy & Jahrah) call it the Hussey, not sure were the name came from and most really like using it. I would think it would be awkward to hold, how was your experience in the handling of this razor?
Have some great shaves!

I thought it handled fantastically. The weight is nice, and fits nicely in the fingers. It’s a very nimble little razor.

FAC1FCC0-8E2D-4AC0-87B4-DBE9A1D3F944.jpeg

Picked this up the other day. I know it’s a type B but that’s about it. It doesn’t have a set screw like my B1. It’s in great condition even if it didn’t come with a case or anything. Loaded it with a Krona blade and it’s ready for my morning shave.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Let us know how they turn out. Vintage non stainless steel blades sometimes don't hold up well in storage.
You may be right, but I'm hoping that the advertised lubrication helps in that regard:
"microscopic beads of liquid ball bearings make Pal Premium Blades as friction free as blades can be."
Plus I've had good luck so far with the Pal Hollow Ground Blades that came with my last InjectoMatic. No noticeable degradation and they get smoother with each shave.

DSCF0001 - Edited (1).jpg

Last edited:
Since I got 3 injector razors , I have lost the desire to try other types of razors. I use actually 2 models of razors with Proline single blades.

I use only one Aftershave also.

I don't know what to do with my Gems, Double Edge razors and blades.

So, the only thing that I rotate are soaps and brushes.

Don't try injector razors guys. They are dangerous. :)

I had my first with my newly acquired type D and it went well. It is sort of like my E2, but the shaving angle is a bit different. Great shave with no weepers or irritation, so I am stoked.

20191116_143148.jpg

Mail call today and both the B1 and C1 showed up. The B1 was almost black and the sheath is a bit tired, but I am happy. The C1 has the original owner's name engraved on the side.

20191129_144043.jpg

20191129_144120.jpg

I had a decent shave with a Type N today and some old VDH Glycerin.

Injectors are definitely one of my favorites. Very efficient shavers, relatively intuitive if you are used to cartridges and disposables, and they have zero chatter (I love the loud cutting sound they make). With an injector you simply do not need "beard reduction" in any way. One or two passes is sufficient.

Am I doing something wrong?

When I put a new injector blade in the razor, that first shave us amazingly efficient. By the 2nd or 3rd shave, I can still get a decent shave, but it's already noticeably less sharp. As others have posted about how long these blades last them, I can work with the blade for 2-3 weeks before I feel tugging, but the quality of the shave goes down and when I put in a new blade, it's like "wow, I forgot how good a sharp blade is."

I'm still pretty new at this. Could it be some indicator of my technique that needs a
Improvement, or do some people just tear up blades? I would absolutely never win a beard growing contest.

I've used chicks and Japanese twin blades and experienced the same thing. There's no Ma I trance required, right? At the end of the shave, I just rinse the razor under the faucet and hang it on the brush/razor rack.

Try a Razorpit or similar "razor sharpener". It squeegies off the soap scum deposits and might give you a few more days of use. I can easily shave over a week with an injector blade.

I had a decent shave with a Type N today and some old VDH Glycerin.

Injectors are definitely one of my favorites. Very efficient shavers, relatively intuitive if you are used to cartridges and disposables, and they have zero chatter (I love the loud cutting sound they make). With an injector you simply do not need "beard reduction" in any way. One or two passes is sufficient.
You are clearly a gentleman of taste and refinement.

Top Bottom