What's new

Society of Injector Shavers (the SISSIES)

I had a nice shave this morning with my new black chrome N2 and vintage Schick Plus Platinum blade.
20200324_084502.jpg

I just thought I would try and wake this club up!

I had a nice shave this morning with my new black chrome N2 and vintage Schick Plus Platinum blade.
View attachment 1078512

I just thought I would try and wake this club up!
Hmmm...

I’ve been using my injectors all week and didn’t even think of posting. I had some great shaves too. I’ll post my shave tomorrow.

This is too good of a thread to let it go!

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0020 - Edited (3).jpg

Pal InjectoMatic injector razor
Pal Hollow Ground Injector Razor Blade (5)
Vintage‌ ‌Kingsley‌ ‌(Austria)‌ ‌Pure‌ ‌Badger‌
Zartgefuehl Vegan Artisanal Shaving Soap in vintage mug
Original‌ ‌Old‌ ‌Spice‌ ‌aftershave‌ ‌(India)‌

DSCF0020 - Edited (4).jpg

Razor: Schick I2 Hydro-Magic Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Omega 80265 boar
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: L'Occitane Cade
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200328_101643.jpg

I just had my first shave with NOS Schick Super Stainless Plus Platinum blade, circa 1970:
Schick plus platinum blades.jpg

Used my Schick Adjustable. Shave was good, but not great. I had been using the Schick Proline B20 and the way that blade is configured, with slightly rounded corners, there is a fraction more blade exposure. You might not think that would make a difference, but it does. I rarely go past 3 on the dial with the Prolines. I had to crank it up to 5 with the Plus Platinum.

I am hoping that after a couple more shaves and I'll have dialed my technique in and can make a better assessment of the blade.

Razor: Supply Single Edge 2.0 in matte black
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Haslinger Shafmilch
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200401_092226.jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0030 - Edited.jpg

Schick Injector razor Type E3 “Popularity Kit” ‘39-’42
NOS‌ ‌Schick‌ ‌Eversharp‌ ‌Injector‌ ‌Blade‌ ‌USA‌ ‌(1‌)
Vulfix‌ ‌1016‌ ‌Pure‌ ‌Badger‌
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Shaving Soap
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Aftershave Splash

DSCF0029 - Edited (1).jpg

Guess it's time I jump on board here!

I have a Schick E3, G2 or 3, G8, J2, L1 post '72 one in Silver and one Gold, L3 Grip, M2 and M3. Plus just purchased a Gillette Trac II Twinjector. Found that the E's, G's and J are too aggressive for me. My favorite are the M's, followed by the L's and the Gillette surprised me. My favorite blades are the Schick II twin blades. Guess I am just a wimp when it comes to an injector.

My father shaved with an Schick injector his whole life. Think it was an E he was issued in the Army. He always used Williams soap and he had a boar brush that was just about bald from years of use as I remember. Little did I know when he passed in '89 that I would one day be "Wet Shaving" with DE's and SE's. I wish now I had grabbed his shave gear to have for nostalgia purposes.

Welcome aboard! I think you may find that as time goes by those earlier models will be easier on you. I am not a twin blade kind of guy myself. I have been very happy with the single chicks and Personnas.

A starting SISSIES post - injector shaver since about 1970. The first razor I bought was a Techmatic. I quickly saw the light and got an L injector. That lasted me until I inherited my granddad’s Old Type in the late 70s. Then no injectors until I discovered B&B and started a desultory hunt for razors in the wild wood (and BST once in a while).

Current inventory using @BBS-1 extensions of the general classification scheme:

Schick L (BST, the rest are wild-caught)

Schick G
>V1 Cream/Gold “Schick Injector”
Eversharp-Schicks:
>V3S3 Schick 66 (1948-51)
>V3S4 Blue/Gold
>V3S6 Amber/Gold (2, one with bad blade stops)

Schick E
>V5 center fixed spring, no striations on bar

I found the two blue handle Schicks in their cardboard packaging, including vintage blades. The ‘66’ was essentially unused and, unusually, did not have a blade in place.

If I encounter more Es (a black handle would be nice), an M in good shape, or a G V4 or V5 I will be happy to bag them. If I catch a wild B, C, or F I’ll be shocked. But I’m not trying to “catch ‘em all!”

Blades: stocked up on Personnas from Connaught, 1 pack of Schick B-20, plus the two vintage injector cartridges I don’t expect to use.

Recruitment: I had one son using my L, but I seized it back and swapped him over to a (heresy) RazoRock Eco. Cheaper blades.

Up next, a shocking V3S6 shave from May Day.

Last edited:
May Day!!!

>Schick G V3S6 with the clear amber handle, eventually with a fresh Personna blade
>RazoRock Gold Label shave stick and Lea mentolada cream
>Omega boar

I thought I had used this razor before. Oops. The blade was not sharp, but I finished pass 1. When I tried to inject a fresh Personna, I found than the old blade was frozen in place. And it was the OLD blade. Lots of black gunk. Ewwww!

I got the old blade out and the new blade loaded with some difficulty (and some tweezers that were close at hand). With some extreme hot water rinsing I felt safe to complete a very careful, but close shave.
28A9FCB6-E5B9-4B9E-B8BE-225FB5FD094B.jpeg

The old blade, with a used Personna for comparison. The old blade is very slightly thicker than a Personna or B-20. This G is in pretty good shape. It will visit Mr Barbicide before the next shave.

Last edited:
I should complete the questionnaire!

1. Tell how many Injector Razors are in your stable.

2. Tell the types that you own.
1 E, 4 G, and 1 L as listed above

3. Tell what percentage of your shaves are with Injector Razors compared to DEs, SEs, and other types.
I use SRs, Gem SEs, DEs, and shavettes in addition to injectors. Injectors are less than 10% recently, but I did make a big blade buy intending to go on an injector shave binge.

4. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the best, and why.
The E and my 66 are my favorite the two contenders. Right now I would say that I like the E shave slightly better, but the excellent condition of the 66 and the pebbled nickel finish have caught my eye.

5. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the least, and why.
Ahh, my clear amber handled G with the bad blade stops. At least it was well loved by someone, and it did teach me to examine injectors very closely. I had thought they were indestructible.

6. Give your conclusions about Injector Razors.
I could have shaved happily my whole life with the L I bought while still in high school. An injector is still my best bet for a quick or just totally carefree shave. An injector blade will deliver a socially distanced acceptable shave for a lot of shaves - as long as no one is touching your face. By my current standards of desired closeness, anything beyond a week is too far. Another great feature - no swapping one blade among multiple razors!

I should complete the questionnaire!

1. Tell how many Injector Razors are in your stable.

2. Tell the types that you own.
1 E, 4 G, and 1 L as listed above

3. Tell what percentage of your shaves are with Injector Razors compared to DEs, SEs, and other types.
I use SRs, Gem SEs, DEs, and shavettes in addition to injectors. Injectors are less than 10% recently, but I did make a big blade buy intending to go on an injector shave binge.

4. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the best, and why.
The E and my 66 are my favorite the two contenders. Right now I would say that I like the E shave slightly better, but the excellent condition of the 66 and the pebbled nickel finish have caught my eye.

5. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the least, and why.
Ahh, my clear amber handled G with the bad blade stops. At least it was well loved by someone, and it did teach me to examine injectors very closely. I had thought they were indestructible.

6. Give your conclusions about Injector Razors.
I could have shaved happily my whole life with the L I bought while still in high school. An injector is still my best bet for a quick or just totally carefree shave. An injector blade will deliver a socially distanced acceptable shave for a lot of shaves - as long as no one is touching your face. By my current standards of desired closeness, anything beyond a week is too far. Another great feature - no swapping one blade among multiple razors!

1. and 2. I am pleading the 5th since people might think I have an injector collecting problem.

3. Can't say since I don't keep track but will say SE/Injectors are like 97 - 98% now and DE/AC injectors are 1 - 2%.

4. Using my dummies guide, I2 Hydromagic specifically the 2nd variant. Any razor in that category will shave the same so my reason is the handle and cleaning lever option. On a milder side I like the E5 or 6th variant using the dummies guide, the L1 made between 1972 - 1982 and for using twin blades either a schick adjustable or Type N1 or style 1 using the dummies guide.

5. Stick Schick, B2 injector or 2nd variant Type B using the dummies guide, Personna injector.

6. Should have at least one in the rotation. They are also good razors to ween someone of cartridge razors.

Top Bottom