What's new

Snurdle or not?

I have been using tubes of shaving cream so far and just picked up a tub of TOBS Mr Taylor and some of the new Acca Kappa 1869. Is it better to snurdle these into a bowl or dip the brush and twist?

Also, a snurlde is like a half of a teaspoon right?

Snurdle if you like to bowl lather, dip if you like to face lather. I've got a nice Georetown scuttle and like to occasionally make gobs of nice warm lather in my scuttle. On those occasions I'm much more like to use one of my creams than a soap. On the other hand, when I face lather I almost always use a soap or croap. No need to do it this way. It's just what I tend to do.

You can make your own fancy snurdle dipper out of a stainless butter knife. Then you can stick your nose in the air at all the un-cultured members sticking their fingers in their shaving cream.

I use a demi-tasse spoon from a set of expresso spoons. The spoon is a modern design with a very flat bottom, not the rounded bottom of a "normal" spoon. so it works great for this purpose. As others have already mentioned. Your finger will make a great "snurdle dipper".

Last edited:
I demand to be made aware of the etymology of the word "snurdle".

Attachments

• $Leg.JPG
    $Leg.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 53
Top Bottom