What's new

Snurdle or not?

I have been using tubes of shaving cream so far and just picked up a tub of TOBS Mr Taylor and some of the new Acca Kappa 1869. Is it better to snurdle these into a bowl or dip the brush and twist?

Also, a snurlde is like a half of a teaspoon right?

The dip and twist is too unreliable for gauging the amount of cream I'm using day to day. Get one of those fancy cheese spreaders, or dedicate an old butter knife for more control. You can still face lather by plopping the cream on your brush and wiping the knife clean between the bristles, or bowl lather.

You can make your own fancy snurdle dipper out of a stainless butter knife. Then you can stick your nose in the air at all the un-cultured members sticking their fingers in their shaving cream.

Just give your cream the finger. A cheap tool and you never have to look for it or find a place to store it. :lol:

I have been using tubes of shaving cream so far and just picked up a tub of TOBS Mr Taylor and some of the new Acca Kappa 1869. Is it better to snurdle these into a bowl or dip the brush and twist?

Also, a snurlde is like a half of a teaspoon right?
Harder creams like Castle Forbes, Harris and AOS I dip and twist, then face lather. TOBS I bowl lather. It gets transferred (snurdled?) to a bowl using a 1/2 tsp. If you have soft water you may get away with using less.

Just cut off a butter knife at the size I thought would make about an almond-sized dollop of cream, then ground the cut-off end on an arc to make it rounded.Then just bent it in my vise to fit my lather bowl.

When I hear the word snurdle I see red and then completely black out. When I awake, everyone around me has a black eye.

Hermy65,

+1 to the snurdle :smile:

I have a lab spatula from my days as an analytical chemist that is just right !

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

I use ice cream sticks like these:

$spoon.jpg

Top Bottom