Loi Titanium (1)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Wickham 1912 Club Cola, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream

Pleasant shave. Steep WTG/ATG on face and WTG/XTG/ATG on neck. Soap was easy to lather. Blade felt thin and nimble. Close enough for the win!

I finally used it, @Esox ! It also stopped smelling like furniture polish and more edible. Thank you for the recommendation.

@Guido75 , the Loi Titanium felt pleasant and effective in the Blackbird razor, but I’ll try it in the Fatip Grande, too.

Happy shaves, everyone!

High Efficiency Summah

View attachment 1501273

Last night’s shave
Blackland stainless Blackbird OC
Loi Titanium (1)
Lather: Wickham 1912 Club Cola, face-lathered

Pleasant shave. Steep WTG/ATG on face and WTG/XTG/ATG on neck. Soap was easy to lather. Blade felt thin and nimble. Close enough for the win!

I finally used it, @Esox ! It also stopped smelling like furniture polish and more edible. Thank you for the recommendation.

@Guido75 , the Loi Titanium felt pleasant and effective in the Blackbird razor, but I’ll try it in the Fatip Grande, too.

Happy shaves, everyone!
Excellent Thom. I already checked them out at my blades supplier and saw that they are available. I am entertaining the thought of adding BIC to my list.

Guido

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Shave mail:

Simpson Wee Scot!
CC02D9C6-172C-44BD-B8F3-555843C61C3A.jpeg

Seen hanging with AP ShaveCo G5A and Cashmere brushes
21F44845-60DC-4441-932E-B2FA7FE3AD21.jpeg

Just hand lathered with dishwashing liquid and warm water and it released the badger funk. Even though I’ve never consumed mustelid flesh, badger funk is more pleasant than boar bristle scent.

thombrogan

High Efficiency Summah

Tonight’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (10)
Whipped Dog Butterscotch 30mm boar brush
Lather: Col Conk Unscented, face-lathered

Two, shallow ATG passes on the neck and one on the face and I was close enough for the win! Will get back to getting it all done in one soon enough, I hope.

Soaked my Whipped Dog piggy for a few hours to ensure primo softness and received it. Didn’t trust my new badger just yet and wanted a slight change from my AP ShaveCo Cashmere for the sake of novelty.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

High Efficiency Summah

Tonight’s shave
Fatip Grande
Loi Titanium (2)
Lather: Col Conk Unscented, face-lathered

Another “Why would I use anything else?” shave. The whiskers were popping in a thin, wet lather and the cap and blade were gentle against my skin as the shallow ATG pass and cleanup got performed.

Skipped shaving yesterday. We took a trip to Salem, Massachusetts and I didn’t want to pack a disposable or cartridge. Even with 100°F and lots of humidity, it’s much nicer than the same place around Halloween. All the folks at shops, restaurants, and attractions were surly and worn down to the depths of their soul when we used to visit around then. Bride and Wee Babby discovered chocolate boba drinks. Got a time in the pool, too.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

High Efficiency Summah

Tonight’s shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Loi Titanium (3)
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Lather: mentholated Col Conk Unscented, face-lathered

First use of the Simpson Wee Scot brush: first use of hand-ground menthol crystals on top of my soap; first use of the Loi Titanium in a RazoRock JAWS 0.84 safety razor.. 1.1 steep, ATG passes later and I was happily applying aftershave before I knew it. Got a teeny weeper on my neck, but it stopped while I washed my face and my shave was closer than close enough for the win!

@Guido75 , I’ve only used the Loi Titanium three times so far; twice steep and once shallow; in razors with varying levels of blade clamping and it was comfortable in every case and very effective at a steep angle. Although there’s no guarantee you’ll like Loi Titanium razor blades, I suspect you might.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Although there’s no guarantee you’ll like Loi Titanium razor blades, I suspect you might.
Thanks, I might give them a try then. I will be shaving with a Gillette 365 later on. New blade to try out. Almost non existent on threads here, so slightly worried, but had the same initial feeling with Dorco ST300HQs and worked out fine.

Guido

Top Bottom