What's new

Slantember (Used to be September) Is For Slants! | Version 5 | 2022

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It's...

1629055022890.png

During the month of Slantember, which follows August and comes before October, shaving with slants has become somewhat of a tradition for some of us.

The first Slantember was in 2018. Thanks to Fred @Flintstone65, Slantember 2019 was a great success. The tradition continued in Slantember 2020, and in Slantember 2021.

Please consider joining in the fun during Slantember 2022.

All slants are welcome.

1-1-21.RV-D01.X3.Vitos.640.JPG

6-25-21.FOCS.Shavemac.Vitos.640.JPG

3-15-21.Wunderbar.Mistura.Vitos.640.JPG

I'm hoping Slantember will be an excuse for many gentlemen to learn the beauty of shaving with slants. It will be a reason for other fellows to explore their slant collections.

8-13-22.RexKonsul.CK-6.SV.Horn.640.JPG

I'm planning to use a couple of slants I didn't have last Slantember.

These are the Rex Konsul and the Fine aluminum slant.​
8-25-22.FineSlant.CanadaSS.SV.Tortoise.640.JPG

1598198374996.png

Use slants as much or as little in Slantember as you decide to use them. There are no rules. You can shave with slants as frequently or as infrequently as you like during Slantember 2022. Slantember encourages slants but nothing is required.

I might use one slant or several. I might use another DE or an injector or an AC razor or a straight if I feel like it.

Everything else - blades, soaps, brushes, splashes, etc. - is totally up for grabs. This is not a Fixed Four.

proxy.php

How many slants do you need to participate?

proxy.php

One slant is plenty, but use as many slants as you want.

upload_2018-8-20_17-0-32-png.906259

Any and all slants are welcome. If you order a slant today and use it sometime during Slantember that counts big time. Everybody wins with a slant.

proxy.php

You are invited to join the Slantember party. You can pop in for a day or a week or the whole month. Post photos or shave reports if you want to. It's all just for fun.

Happy shaves,

Jim

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Well, I'll sign up - used to be September was a month of Schickness if I recall correctly .. don't have a month's worth of slant razors but will follow along as I can .. starting with the Coles - a store brand likely but there was no Coles store where I came up ..

DSC00480.JPG

I am in again! I might sneak into SEptember for a shave or two, but slants are my true September love.

Alas, I am slantless. <eg>

Get it together! Buy a FOCS (the highly praised yet inexpensive Fatip Lo Storto open comb slant) and start at the top. Or get one of Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements inexpensive monster slants. Shaves great with a shim. Or their also cheap Filament. Or check out the Brotherhood of Slant Shavers for other ideas.

You have nothing to lose, and slantiness to gain!

Last edited:

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I'm looking at SLANTember as a golden opportunity to use some slants that probably won't show up in the Tilted Picnic Year 4 in a few months.

(Considering I've not been buying razors lately, I may have to get a little creative to put up another Picnic. I've got some ideas; we'll see what plays out.)

For sure, the Fasan Double Slant Version One and the Merkur "Super Slant." The ATT X1 and maybe also the S2. One of the RazoRocks, like the SSSSV4. The Wunderbar is just too easy. :)

It's usually about now that I realize I can hit two with one throw: the X1 will do for BOTH SEptember and SLANTember. OK, gotta do that.

O.H.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I am in again! I might sneak into SEptember for a shave or two, but slants are my true September love.

Get it together! Buy a FOCS (the highly praised yet inexpensive Fatip Lo Storto open comb slant) and start at the top. Or get one of Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements inexpensive monster slants. Shaves great with a shim. Or their also cheap Filament. Or check out the Brotherhood of Slant Shavers for other ideas.

You have nothing to lose, and slantiness to gain!
I sort of put myself on a razor purchase hiatus. I just bought three semi expensive Vintage Gillettes... and I don't even know if I'm going to like DE shaving vs. SE shaving. I'm going to use the two varieties, i.e., the British Flat Bottom Tech and the British NEW Raised Flat Bottom for the rest of the year to determine that. Add to that expense, I had both BFBT's replated at Back Roads Gold.... all three will be waiting for me when I get home from Bali on Sept. 21st.

I sort of put myself on a razor purchase hiatus. I just bought three semi expensive Vintage Gillettes... and I don't even know if I'm going to like DE shaving vs. SE shaving. I'm going to use the two varieties, i.e., the British Flat Bottom Tech and the British NEW Raised Flat Bottom for the rest of the year to determine that. Add to that expense, I had both BFBT's replated at Back Roads Gold.... all three will be waiting for me when I get home from Bali on Sept. 21st.
You get full credit for splashing wildly at the deep end of the pool! :biggrin1: Back Roads Gold does a great job, in my one experience.

Slants can wait while you have your vintage Gillette fun. I will get to use wantonly destroyed vintage Gillette slants next month, but that is a big step. @FarmerTan hasn't even resolved to take that one.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You get full credit for splashing wildly at the deep end of the pool! :biggrin1: Back Roads Gold does a great job, in my one experience.

Slants can wait while you have your vintage Gillette fun. I will get to use wantonly destroyed vintage Gillette slants next month, but that is a big step. @FarmerTan hasn't even resolved to take that one.
I've got to get a plan, my man!

Top Bottom