What's new

Slantember (Used to be September) Is For Slants! | Version 5 | 2022

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead

Oh, right...the new shaving holiday. Sure! Then I'll pull out the one OC I have that is neither slant nor single edge (RazoRock BBS-OC) and use that for a while for OCtober.

Thanks for pushing me over the edge on the X1. Great razor. Immediately obvious on my first shave with it this morning.

You're welcome. I try not to be too enabling but I'll also gush a bit when something really works for me. I always get surprised by the X1. It's usually a bit of time between uses, so I tend to forget a little. Then I have an excuse to use it and resolve not to let it fade into the shadows for a while.

O.H.

Fast shave, before midnight, still Slantember.
Wunderbar, immortal Kai.
0EA44882-D57A-4345-9B64-722CFEE7C79A.jpeg

Last edited:
Who knew? But since I just finished with my FOCS, figured I’d post up.
The FOCS is all I use since I only shave twice a week, Thursday and Sunday.
Scruffy, can’t see, in a hurry, feeling my way around.
When I’m done I check the results in my wife’s 15x lighted mirror.

Amazed at the results. Only use Personna Lab Blues.
I do change up the soaps though. MacDuffs Kananaskis Explorer today. Smells like evergreen forest.
I like it like Mikes, but can never find Mikes. Slippery and soft cushiony.
Small portion, and overpriced. But makes the chore easier.

I wanted something "earthy" today. I went with Van Yulay's hard puck of Achilles soap. It's a earthy tabacco blend with bourbon and leather among other things---slightly sweet and warm. I love it. Tanuki was over generous with the PIF I won and included some B&M Leviathan balm in the goodies. Let's just say I need to be in the right mood for it. It's an extremely dark leather woody blend. It'll get a good bit of use this winter. Parker Semi-Slant and Yaqi Timberwolf as always.

1695399423542.png

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I wanted something "earthy" today. I went with Van Yulay's hard puck of Achilles soap. It's a earthy tabacco blend with bourbon and leather among other things---slightly sweet and warm. I love it. Tanuki was over generous with the PIF I won and included some B&M Leviathan balm in the goodies. Let's just say I need to be in the right mood for it. It's an extremely dark leather woody blend. It'll get a good bit of use this winter. Parker Semi-Slant and Yaqi Timberwolf as always.

View attachment 1721712

Please notice the title of this thread.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Well, there's only so much I can say about using the same razor all month. I guess I'll bow out and go join the end of SEptember.

Last edited:
Top Bottom