What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

ER 1912, still loving it. WK Fougere Parfaite for the first pass and DG Yuzu, Rose, Patchouli for the second. Should have done it the other way round - YRP has great lather but a rather sickly linger.

Schick C-1
P1070362(r1rs).jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday shave and always like to use a SE razor and this is one of my new entries
Razor: GEM G Bar
Blade : GEM Personna Stainless steel PTFE (Teflon) coated(5)
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Preshave:hot towel +Aloe vera gel
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave : Proraso green eucalyptus + witch hazel
Post shave :Nivea balm
I must finally be getting this Gem g bar procedure dialed in, great close shave on 5 th use of blade with even some J- hooking to test the confidence!
Sunday shave Dec9-2018 (2).jpg

Sunday shave and always like to use a SE razor and this is one of my new entries
Razor: GEM G Bar
Blade : GEM Personna Stainless steel PTFE (Teflon) coated(5)
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Preshave:hot towel +Aloe vera gel
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave : Proraso green eucalyptus + witch hazel
Post shave :Nivea balm
I must finally be getting this Gem g bar procedure dialed in, great close shave on 5 th use of blade with even some J- hooking to test the confidence!
View attachment 933805
Whats with the change in the lather cup?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Whats with the change in the lather cup?
It's a bowl that I modified when I first started DE wet shaving, I glued some nickels with gorilla glue and was thinking that would agitate the brush bristle's better (it does). I have 4 other bowls and this one works for me the best it seems. The odd nickel comes loose every once in a while, I press the soap in between the spaces left by their foot print of the bottom bowl surface and seems to help also.

It's a bowl that I modified when I first started DE wet shaving, I glued some nickels with gorilla glue and was thinking that would agitate the brush bristle's better (it does). I have 4 other bowls and this one works for me the best it seems. The odd nickel comes loose every once in a while, I press the soap in between the spaces left by their foot print of the bottom bowl surface and seems to help also.
+1

Razor: 1930's GEM Micromatic (thanks to those who responded to my post about wanting a more aggressive single edge than the Genesis).
Blade: GEM (Personna) stainless steel blade
Prep: Hot shower and Castle Forbes pre shave
Soap: Stirling Barbershop
Brush: Semogue OC
First time using the GEM which, as advertised, was a lot more aggressive than the Genesis. One weeper. Very pleased with all aspects of the experience (except the weeper).

Top Bottom