Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Good morning Sunday SE shaving folks!
Razor:Schick 1930's E2 NDC made in Canada:thumbup:
Blade: Schick(Chick 7th use):thumbsup:
Soap: Razorock Blue barbershop:001_rolle
Brush: Razorock Noir 400:thumbsup:
Alum:RR + cold water rinse(it's just alum)
Aftershave: Proraso green eucalyptus:thumbup1:
Balm: Nivea:thumbsup:
Another great shave to start the day off.
sunday shave 3.2 (2).jpg

1st Shave with SE MMOC Gem Blade./From what I've read on here about shaving your face off I was very cautious.
But overall I was happy with the shave, was not that much of a jump from DE as I thought. Am looking forward to shaving on a daily basis with this razor, due to the fact that I usually shave about once or twice a week.

SOTD: Blue Xmas

Soap: B&M New Base - Vespers
Razor: ATT SE1 with Schick Proline Blade
Brush: Savile Row LE
Fragrance: PDM Layton

First try with the new B&M Formula. I will obviously need 10 or more shaves to get a final assessment but my initial thoughts are that this formula is indeed much closer in performance to the original White Label (including the magical post shave of that formulation), while also being EXTREMELY thirsty, even for Today's soaps standards. I'm very pleased with this and I hope this replaces the Glissant formula, as it seems as an upgrade in most shave aspects (while I Love glissant).

1. PAL Injectomatic with Dutch Schick blade, 2nd use. This was a complete failure, just like the first time. Multiple passes over the same areas of stubble, which it failed to remove, causing a lot of irritation.

2. ATT SE1 with Kai Captain blade finished the job easily, even though the blade was on its fifth use.

I'm not getting the PAL to work and if I can't find an injector that will load Proline B-20s directly I'm abandoning injectors.

GEM 1912 loaded with gem blue star (assuming it can hang on for another shave)
Castle Forbes whipped into a lush beautiful lather by a well worn pro 49
Finished off with Captains Choice cat o nine tails
after the burn fades a little i ll finish off with bay rum AS balm from stirling soap co.

And I ll do it again tomorrow:)

Yes I agree the ER 1912 is just the most amazing razor.
It is perfection that is so easily in reach!

You're right - it's just perfect. I was going to change handles and I may still do some experimenting with a second one I just picked up. But then I ask myself why? The balance is great as it is.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Good morning here in chilly Northern Alberta:smiley freezing:, Canada for my Sunday shave.
Razor :Schick injector 1930's E2 Canadian version NDCodes:001_wub::001_wub::001_wub:
Brush: Razorock Plissoft::001_wub::001_wub:
Soap: Razorock Lavender::001_wub::001_wub::001_wub:
Preshave :Aloe Vera gel =always.:001_wub:
Post shave:Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave : Razorock Emperor aftershave+witch hazel:001_wub::001_wub:
Post shave: Nivea balm::001_wub:
Schick injector E2 has to be one of the best effortless carefree razor in my ever growing collection of razors. It just does not get much better= have some great shaves.:a17:
Sunday shave Nov25-2018 (2).jpg

Top Bottom