What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The title asks “What will you use?” As a night shaver, that’s a long way off from now.

What I want to use is my GEM MMOC with a GEM PTFE on its third use. With Noxzema pre-shave and KMF Pomegranate Grapefruit lather followed by Snake Bite aftershave and hyaluronic acid and moisturizer.

At the same time, my trusty RazoRock Hawk V3OC is loaded with my last unused Schick Proline…

I hope the RazoRock Hawk V3OC wishes the GEM MMOC and me well.

Razor: Schick G3 Gold Plated Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Simpson's Luxury Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200718_080605.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Single Edge Sunday Shave 20200719
20200719_144914~2.jpg

Razor: Supply v2 Stainless (3-dot plate)
Blade: Schick (2)
Brush: @Rudy Vey AS3M (25mm Mühle STF)
Soap: RazoRock XXX
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: RazoRock XXX
Cologne: G eàu Bronze EdT Spray (clone of Acqua Di Gio Absolu)

WTG, ATG & XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

All in all, a very nice Single Edge Sunday shave! :)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, July 26th 2020

Razor: Schick adjustable M3 -Mfg 1970-72, I like using this razor to dial in my razor for first use of a new blade.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (1) very sharp blade for the first couple of shaves.
Soap: Proraso Red Sandal wood- It is not one of my favorites but their Red aftershave makes up for it.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm synthetic- been using this one for some time and it creates good lather with soft tips.
Pre- shave: shower + a dollop of Aloe vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 with pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 2 small weepers = :a17:Great shave with my Schick adjustable injector M3.
Sunday Schick shave, July 26th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Quoting my own post from SE SOTD to save retyping.
Razor: RazoRock Satin Hawk v2
Blade: Feather AC Pro (first shave)
Cream: C.O. Bigelow
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft synthetic

I was bored a few days ago and doing some online shopping when I remembered that I had the Hawk sitting idle in the back of my bathroom cabinet drawer. I popped over to WCS and ordered a couple of packs of the Pro blades and they arrived in time for single-edge Sunday. I'd forgotten just how good those blades are. I'm a little out of practice, but I managed a really close, comfortable shave with almost no effort, an easy 9/10.

7/26/20
💈SOTD 💈
Razor: Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher
Blade: Vintage Gem Duridium (1)
Brush: Rubberset 200-2 with 2 Band Bagder knot
Lather: WSP Formula T Bay Rum Astringent: Osma Alum block
Splash: Ogallala Bay Rum Lime and Peppercorn .
Last night I honed up a vintage Gem Duridium blade in anticipation of using it in the Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher. I've never honed a razor blade before but it went pretty well. Today I did a complete 3 pass shave with the vintage Gem blade than I did a 4th pass with a modern Gem just for cleanup. Not very much for the cleanup pass to deal with no sure if the remaining stubble was left from technique or blade sharpness. None the less there was very little stubble left to clean up after 3 passes with the vintage Gem blade. Very happy with the final finish. BBS close comfortable squeaky clean shave with zero irritation when applying the Alum block. Love this Gem razor but I think the star of the shave today was the vintage Gem blade. 9.5/10
20200726_121839.jpg
20200726_040538.jpg
20200726_030905.jpg
20200726_033726.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Single Edge Sunday Shave 20200726
20200726_110612~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional Super (5)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive w/24mm Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip
Soap: A&E Kaizen
Post-shave: Hyaluronic Acid followed by a dollop of CeraVe cream
Aftershave: A&E Kaizen
Cologne: Gender 2BU EdT Spray (clone of CK be)

WTG, ATG & XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

This combination works really well together. Each component is a top flight experience and a pleasure to use. Outstanding results.

Superb Single Edge Sunday shave! :)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave,Aug 2nd 2020

Razor: Schick i2 type, Hydro Magic- Mfg 1954-57- very nice milder mid range for those days you just would like a DFS.
Blade: Personna injector: Very sharp and gets better for smoothness as you get up in # of shaves IMO.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- nice summer scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic Sagrada Familia- Excellent brush for creating lather with soft tips.
Pre-shave: Brush wash the whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch hazel + A tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Great shave with my i2 Schick injector today.
Sunday Schick shave, Aug2nd 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Cross-post from SE SOTD
Today was a little different:
  • Razor: Type L clone
  • Blade: Unknown, preloaded in razor (1)
  • Brush: RazoRock Plissoft synthetic
  • Cream: C.O. Bigelow
For the first go in years with an injector razor, the shave wasn't awful. My lather was its usual slickness and the first WTG pass was smooth and uneventful, but things went downhill on the subsequent XTG/ATG pass, as I burned myself a little bit under my nose and gave myself a little nick to go with the burn. Overall, a pretty close shave, but I'm not thrilled yet. I'm calling today's shave a 6/10 and looking forward to trying the razor again with one of the Chinese Schick I ordered the other day.

Top Bottom